1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

News regarding cliffpatte

Discussion in 'reference' started by cliffpatte, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Oh dear, how terribly sad. Greatest condolences to his family and friends.

2. DevillEars

DevillEars Dedicated ignorer of fashion

Damn! I really enjoyed Cliff's contributions to this forum (and on the Photo section in particular) and will miss his to-the-point posts. My sincere condolences to his family on his unexpected and sudden passing.

Dave

3. EIffel

EIffel Cereal Killer

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends.

4. Greg

Greg 2t5b

I'm speechless, very sad news indeed. Sincere condolences from me.

5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Awful, horrible news. My deepest sympathies to family and friends.

This news really has saddened me.

Tony

6. markt

markt hello

So sorry to hear this. Cliff was a happy and interesting part of the forum, enjoyed reading about the photography he liked so much.

Mark

7. DuncanF

DuncanF pfm Member

That is very sad news indeed. I always enjoyed reading his postings across PFM.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Duncan

8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe pfm Member

My deepest sympathies.
    Met Cliff a couple of times. Went to watch Focus with him around 3-4 year old. Cliff was clearly a genuine gent and will be sorely missed.

9. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

So very sorry to hear this awful news. Never knew Cliff other than his posts on here, however his inputs always enshrined in me he was a true gentleman and a great and very helpful person. Very sad and I'm lost for more fitting words.

Thanks Cliff.

10. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Awful news. Condolences to his family and friends.

11. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

So sad tonight 8-(

12. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Very shocked. Terrible news.

13. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Oh no that's such tragic news - the photo room for certain will have a massive gap with him not being there.

Thoughts & prayers with this family and friends - and I'll raise a glass to him immediately after pressing the reply button.

14. Oakwood

Oakwood pfm Member

Desparately sad news.

15. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Very very sad news. I had the pleasure of meeting Cliff through a HiFi transaction. A thoroughly nice guy. My condolences to his family.

16. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Very sad news, he was a great contributor to the forum he will be truly missed.

Condolences to his family.

Pete

17. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

Terrible news. Absolute condolences to all concerned. A consummate gentleman.

I had this bookmarked to remind me to play with film soon, it seems appropriate...

18. deanf

deanf pfm Member

Very sad news and my deepest condolences to Cliff's family. I never had the pleasure of meeting Cliff, however he came across as one of the good guys and with something interesting to say.

R.I.P.

19. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Sad news. Condolences to his family.
    RIP.

20. Darren555

Darren555 pfm Member

I am very saddened to here this and will miss his contributions to the Photo Forum. You could clearly see from his images how important his family was too him which makes this all the sadder.