1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

News regarding cliffpatte

Discussion in 'reference' started by cliffpatte, Jul 12, 2015.

1. John Channing

John Channing fruit box forever

I am genuinely very shocked and saddened. Cliff has been part of the PFM community since the start and was always a valued contributor. I only met him once in passing at a hifi show despite living quite close to him in SE21. RIP.

2. Robert

Robert Tapehead

This is dreadful news.
    I met up with Cliff several times in London for a beer and a chat. He will be greatly missed.
    Thoughts are with his family.

RIP.

3. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

Jesus F'ing Hell, this is truly awful = any more info, I didn't know him directly but he was vey helpful in the photography area, both on and off the PF site, my sincere condolences to all who new him and of course his family

Martin (really pissed off)

4. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Sorry to hear about that :(

5. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

My condolences to Cliff's family, especially to his wife and two daughters who we got to know through his photography. He was a great bloke who will be greatly missed.

RIP, Cliff.

Joe

6. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

What the heck, that's awful!

Thanks for letting us know.

7. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

My condolences to his family and offline friends.

8. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

well put, i am genuinely in shock

9. Heath

Heath pfm Member

Very sad news. Cliff was always friendly and helpful. Although we never met, the many photos he's posted of himself and his family in the photo room makes his passing feel very personal. My condolences. He will be missed.

Heath

10. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Very sad news, my condolences to his family, he will be missed.

David

11. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

A great and knowledgeable contributor who will be missed by many. Thanks for letting us know.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

12. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

That's very sad news, he was a contributor to many a thread I found myself on & I wish his family my heartfelt condolences.

13. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Crumpets. I can hear crumpets.

I only knew him from his contributions to this forum but this news has come as a shock. My condolences to his family.

14. merlin

merlin pfm Member

What truly sad news.

Cliff was one of the good guys, as his posts will bear testament for many a year to come.

My deepest and most sincere condolences.

15. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Sorry to hear that, genuine nice guy. Condolences to the family and friends.

16. KC Cantiaci

KC Cantiaci pfm Member

Sorry to hear that too. You have my condolences to his/your family and friends.

17. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 Expert in sheep worrying.

That mirrors my feelings. A genuine and helpful fella who never had anything negative to say.

RIP buddy.x

18. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

My condolences - sad news.

Richard

19. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Imagineer

I am really shocked and saddened to hear this news. I knew Cliff through the forum and he was previously a customer too. I met him face to face a couple of times in the last few months in the Cat & Canary when I was working in Canary Wharf and he was fun and interesting company. The photo room in particular won't be the same without him.

My sincere condolences to his wife and family.

20. canonman

canonman Mirror slapper

Unbelievably sad news. A genuinely good guy.