advertisement

New Uni Pivot arm from Audio Origami!

I've seen some photos of the prototype and it looks very interesting, had a long chat with Johnnie all about it.

He knows his stuff and a unipivot at that price will fill the gap left by the defunct ARO.

That looks pretty cool! It will be interesting to see what price point J7 pitches it at; I've bought a few bits from AO, and he certainly knows his stuff.

I've seen some photos of the prototype and it looks very interesting, had a long chat with Johnnie all about it.

He knows his stuff and a unipivot at that price will fill the gap left by the defunct ARO.

Did he mention what type of mount it has?

I spoke to him about this lovely new arm a month or so back and he mentioned he might consider offering a version with a black bearing housing and headshell for that full ARO experience! :D

I spoke to him about this lovely new arm a month or so back and he mentioned he might consider offering a version with a black bearing housing and headshell for that full ARO experience! :D

Yes, he told me the same and I think it's a great idea.

I'm looking forward to getting one of these on my player.

I have a UP Notts Omega Point arm on a beech plinthed 401, it sounds very good indeed. It was very well received at the Popely bakeoff a couple of years ago. This one from Johnnie looks as if it would be every bit as good.

I have a UP Notts Omega Point arm on a beech plinthed 401, it sounds very good indeed. It was very well received at the Popely bakeoff a couple of years ago. This one from Johnnie looks as if it would be every bit as good.

Thanks.

Nic P

At Whittlebury hall IWC and I heard the AI PU7 and Unipivot with the same demo track on two different turntables in one room (I forget which). Under show conditions, and for a short demo track only, I preferred the PU7 (I own one) which was, to my ears, slightly more dynamic and exciting. The Unipivot seemed warmer and less distinct.

Caveat: this is on two different turntables so YMMV. The unipivot design is certainly worth an audition if you don't already own a PU7. If you don't, listen to both!

That was in the Inspire Audio room. They were using ATC scm40s - which sounded OK but I wasn't convinced that the valve amps being used were really up to it.

hi Guys
Many thanks for the questions on the new Prototype Audio Origami Uni arm
the arm is a sound testing prototype that been getting developed over the few months and was launched at the National audio last week

(admittedly i have used a few parts from a pu7 really just to keep development costs down and speed up testing of the bearing and arm tube areas etc etc)

the finished units will be a couple of months down the line, once i have got a final sample im happy with

like the PU7 ,..the arm comes in 3 sizes and 2 base fittings:
Linn mount and linn geometry
Rega mount and rega geometry
and a 12 inch version that can have a choice of base fitting depending on what turntable

silver bead blasted is the standard colour,.. but anodised matt or gloss in various colours will be a extra that can be ordered

the rear weight will be stainless steel in the production unit

and the base plate will be redesigned and some cosmetic changes in this area and the AS weight will be Stainless steel

i was planning on keeping the pu7 headshell in the final arm...but i could look at a more slimline version (comments are more than welcome)

any questions please just ask

best wishes
j7

hi paskin

i can look into a sme type base plate...would be ideal to have some sort of sliding mount

could certainly do them as a special order

To be honest, I'm not very keen on the headshell - will PM you with my specific thoughts if you like?

yea im keen on any feedback constructive or otherwise...from all the memebrs

i have played with some skeletal headshells but i wonder if customers really want that type of design

i

advertisement

Back