advertisement

New House

Thanks for taking the time to post that Darrell.
I hope your friend wasn't too disheartened - he should be proud that his tastes are still rocking the kids. There's safety in numbers...We used to go out in threes and fours.
Your nights in playing music sound great. I may have one coming up in a few weeks time...though it's not with House heads.

I never really used to go clubbing as the few clubs I would have liked to go to were in London or up north, and it wasn't practical. I did dabble in a tiny bit of DJing years ago at college though which was fun.

My discovery of Kraftwerk aged about 11 is responsible for my subsequent musical preferences. I became somewhat obsessed with them but it was about 6 years later that I got into house and techno, in 1988, via hearing some Detroit tracks on one of the 'Deep Heat' compilations (remember them?). I then started listening to the Pete Tong show on Capital (particularly the 'Capital Nighlife 10' chart) and then John Peel as he would play new techno, house and electronic music in his show. Once Kiss became legal in September 1990 I discovered Colin Faver and Colin Dale's shows, which were a revelation. I made so many tapes of Colin Dale's shows, sadly most of which are long gone. From there I'd periodically go shopping in London to pick up new tunes.

That sort of music has been a big part of my life since 1988/89 and I still get a thrill listening to and discovering new tracks on the likes of Soundcloud.

Morning Nick. Yes it is Deep88. I do try not to duplicate your posts and usually check back over recent ones to make sure. Trouble is SoundCloud can often be so far ahead of a physical release I get tripped up from time to time. Apologies; December was a while ago! You bring a lot of good music to my door - always grateful for that :)

Don't apologise Darrell. It's only getting released now. It was good to be reminded of it and I have added the new Soundcloud upload to my collection.

advertisement

Back