advertisement

New compact needed.....maybe?

cj66

pfm Member
My old Panasonic TZ3 has finally failed me, the screen has gone haywire.
The hunt is now on for its replacement. Firstly it must be significantly superior to my Sam S7 phonecam. It should be as compact as possible and also must have wide angle with a good range of optical zoom.
Anything fit the bill?

Last edited:
Leica C Type 112. Brilliant lens, compact body plus service from Leica is excellent.

There is a Panasonic equivalent - don't know the designation.

Hmmm, like the 1" sensor but wondering if the increased physical size will mean I leave it at home rather than in my pocket.....dilemma.
I had looked at the Panny which also uses the Leica lens of course.

Both the Leica and the panasonic use the summicron lens, which is a considerable step up from the elmarit you find on the TZ series.

I quite liked the LF1 but haven't used it since I got the TZ100.

The LF1 is easier to slip into a pocket. The EVF is useful in bright light but the TZ100 is much better. The LF1 could be for sale if you are interested. I will try to get a shutter count if you like PM me for details.

You don't find the TZ100's elmarit a bit soft overall? I have the TZ70 as a backup which has the same lens as yours, and find it nowhere near the summicron generally but particularly at the telephoto and of things.

Well, I don't need to, since I've used both cameras extensively over the last two months.The Summicron is in another class. Minimum enlargements 10x8, by the way, often with heavily cropped images. I don't think the elmarit is poor, but that its has its limitations.

advertisement

Back