advertisement

new body to go with Nikon 300mm f2.8

Thanks, I'm thinking of getting the 300mm pf to go with the f2.8, the pf is extremely light at about 750g compared to the 3kg f2.8. It would be nice to have a lighter option in good weather. I walked over 11 miles carrying this beast at the weekend and my shoulder is feeling it .

Heres a couple of Kingfishers , the light was really low so I took these wide open with the TC attached (f4) , shutter 1/160 at high ISO

_DSC2141first_openWith-Edit D500 300mm f2.8 + TC-14e iii by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC2303_openWith-Edit D500 300mm f2.8 + TC-14e iii by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC2051_openWith-Edit D500 300mm f2.8 + TC-14e iii by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

Superb images Leo especially good at such high ISOs.
I have been lusting after the D750 but will now consider the D500 as a replacement for my D7000 and D7100. Most of my work is in low light.

Superb images Leo especially good at such high ISOs.
I have been lusting after the D750 but will now consider the D500 as a replacement for my D7000 and D7100. Most of my work is in low light.

Thanks, I had the D7000 before the D500, lovely little camera imo. I'm finding the D500 digs out more detail and has better high ISO although its certainly not as clean as the D750 high ISO's. Main reason I got the D500 was for the AF which is better than anything I've tried including the D750.

If I wasn't mainly into wildlife I'd go for a D750 although I've heard some bad reports regarding the reliability of the shutter mech

Once again Ron - amazing, thanks. What focus mode do you use?

Thank you , for this I used group AF being small birds. I normally use single point focus . I've just ordered a 300mm f4 PF lens to try out , 755g compared to my 3kg f2.8

Thank you , for this I used group AF being small birds. I normally use single point focus . I've just ordered a 300mm f4 PF lens to try out , 755g compared to my 3kg f2.8

Will be interested in your views once you do get it. A lens I mulling over at the moment. Great images by the way.

300mm f4 PF + TC-14e iii at f5.6

Just a quick test, lighting was poor with thick cloud so I'm hoping the weathers better at the weekend . This lens is light as a feather compared to my f2.8 , focus is pretty quick , its not as sharp as the f2.8 but for the difference in price I wouldn't expect it to be .

I was stood underneath a tree when I noticed this Heron was fishing, looks like it caught a young Pike ? Could have done with a little faster shutter speed

_DSC4166_openWith-Edit D500 300mm PF + TC-14e iii f5.6 by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

At minimum focus distance a quick shot of this tiny fly , second pic is just cropped. Its pretty sharp so I'm looking forward to trying it out on Butterflies and Dragonflies

_DSC40891_openWith by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC4089_openWith by leo kirkbride, on Flickr

advertisement

Back