advertisement

need help active crossover

electrogizmos

pfm Member
hi, would like to go active ,speaker are old imf tls50 transmission line speakers crossover redone with solen caps last year ,ive just got a nap110 and a nac32.5 ,thinking of putting away my mcintosh c28 preamp and use nac32.5 and nap110 to feed midrange and tweeters and keep my mcintosh mc2205 power amp to feed my woofers, im looking for desings for making a simple active crossover .
P.S. the nac32.5 output cable is been modified already to give me
2 rca plugs while keeping din connections for the nap100, this came from a old project for feeding a amplifier with a lowpass filter
to a 12 inches woofer.
thanks for your help.

Hi David

What speakers and amps have you used these with as I fancy a dabble myself.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick;
I’ve currently got two systems running with this style crossover. One is in my home recording studio, consisting of Soundcraft Absolute 2 monitors, 4 x mono amps (own make), and 2 x 12” subs, again 2 x mono amps. Xover freqs are 2.7KHz & 55Hz. I also have a active transform cct on the subs which is of variable gain, allowing me to tailor the real low end of the sub response to that of the room.
The other system is in my car. I kid you not. 7 mono amps driving a stereo 3 way system plus sub, with the xover @2KHz, 200Hz, and 65Hz. Best I’ve ever heard in a car.
I’m also just about to embark upon building another one to replace my Linn Aktiv, along with a pair of 2 x 250Wrms dual mono amps to power the bottom end.
Any questions, please feel free to ask.

David

advertisement

Back