advertisement

NCC 200 build

"I've been working on some new experiments and in fact there is a new one well into development to match the Cap6 & which should be available this back end."

Good news then for the DIYers
Any idea of the footprint required for this module ,perhaps anybody starting an amp build could leave some room for the accelerators. (a rough estimate would do or even a picture of the M2 internal would help)

These amps are amazing they just keep sounding better every day, guess thats the burn in period?:D

Paul yes I remember your build very nice indeed;)

What’s the optimal Bias setting IYO.
I initially set them to 38ma as per LesW advice after an hours warm up adjusted them again to 38ma then left them over night switched on but no music through them.
Next day checked it again and it had risen to 41ma so adjusted them back again to 38ma, then played music all day to get them hot, amazingly nothing gets hot just warm they are so stable.
Disconnected everything and checked the Bias again after the amp had had a good thrashing and the Bias was up to 42-43ma so I left them for half an hour then it settled down to 40ish so I decided to set it to 36ma to compensate for when the are being driven hard.

Am I being paranoid about this bias setting, and does it affect the sound quality?

Alan

Hi Alan
Thank you :)
I have done more or less exactly the same and set my bias to 36-37mA on all my NCC200's boards, I did experience a little increase to around 41mA after a 2 hour burn in, so I reduced the initial setting to be 36-37mA after just 20 minutes from cold start, this should be performed with no signal and no load connected, I really don' believe that a couple of mA's over bias is going to cause any harm IMHO, but MC, PD, LW or Jim would be better qualified to answer this, calling all qualified bodgers ;)
Paul

advertisement

Back