advertisement

NAP 250 and speaker cables

So just to confirm
I can safely use Avondale black link 2x9m cables with a 2000 vintage olive naim 250 ?
thanks
Tony

So just to confirm
I can safely use Avondale black link 2x9m cables with a 2000 vintage olive naim 250 ?
thanks
Tony
Yes, Black link works OK with Naim, and the long-ish lengths work in your favour so it’ll be fine. I used 5m lengths for years. Trouble is, my dealer lent me some NACA5 to try, insisting it would be better. I somewhat reluctantly took it home and tried it, expecting nothing in particular. Whoaaaa! I don’t know what the hell was going on, but I had to go and buy the bloody stuff.

Well since we're resurrecting an old thread, in between the original post and now:
a). I made a flexible replacement for NACA5 and called it N2 (No-Nonsense - still available from Witch Hat). It was made to Naim's own specification for an alternative to their cable as described in their manuals of yore.
b). Witch Hat went and made an improved cable called the Phantom which walks all over the NACA5 and is even more flexible.

So naturally I'm going to point you in that direction now. I would still use the minimum 3.5m length on Naim amps as, despite what they say about stability, there's still no output inductor on their amps.

I would still use the minimum 3.5m length on Naim amps as, despite what they say about stability, there's still no output inductor on their amps.
People continue to be unsure about this, and Naim’s instructions on it suggest that some of their kit (not the separate power amps) is more forgiving of out of spec cables. In my experience all Naim amps benefit to some degree, even those in the Uniti range.

advertisement

Back