advertisement

Nait 2 casework refurbish

Lee T

pfm Member
My Nait 2 casework has seen better days. It has just returned from a service so would like to restore the casework back to it’s original colour.

Does anyone know the exact colour & where i could maybe get this work carried out.

Thanks.

Depends on what you think is wrong with it. If it looks rather grey and dusty no matter how much you wipe it, you may like to try the technique employed by a well known fettler of chrome bumper boxes ;
1. Remove rubber feet and liberate that sleeve.
2. Scrub said sleeve in warm soapy water with a nylon nail brush.
3. Allow to dry , then , with a shoe polish brush, apply black shoe polish ( eg. Cherry Blossom ) to the exterior of the sleeve. Brush vigorously.
4. If you have a second (softer) brush , use this to finish off.
5. Reassemble and add feet.
You're welcome.

It's not a powder coat finish. when the sleeves look tired its usually household polish deposits, to remove them submerge the sleeve in warm water and fairy liquid for 10 minutes then a nail brush round and round. If it still looks tired you can give it a dusting of matt black aerosol paint.

If you get all the built up grime out only scratches need attention, just soak it in fairy liquid long enough to loosen everything, then use a toothbrush if a nail brush is too course. Any left over scratches use a black perm marker and I normally follow with black plastic car polish…but make sure you wipe off all the residue with a lint free cloth. Done a few Naim cases like this, they come up great!

If you get all the built up grime out only scratches need attention, just soak it in fairy liquid long enough to loosen everything, then use a toothbrush if a nail brush is too course. Any left over scratches use a black perm marker and I normally follow with black plastic car polish…but make sure you wipe off all the residue with a lint free cloth. Done a few Naim cases like this, they come up great!
Yep, I did this earlier. I soaked it for about 20 minutes and initially used my finger to start the removal process. Then, I switched to a wet, soapy duster, and now it looks as good as new. It's amazing and didn't cost a thing.

advertisement

Back