advertisement

Naim Xs V newer designs

Galty

I was wondering how an older Naim Xs would stand up against newer amplifiers like the Rega Elex R, Elicit R or the Current Xs 2?

And what do you expect to hear/read here except different opinions?
Listen to those amps if you really want to know the differences.

For me the XS-2 is more refined, the XS rocks more. Both are good. A Brio-R and a Brio 2017 are much warmer in the mids, the upperbass is less and the hights are brighter.

Utterly pointless question. You might as well go on eBay and read seller's descriptions. This is so subjective, not to mention we hear things differently.....

Sorry but despite being an ex Naim-XS and Brio-R owner, this is the best I can offer. The above comment is in-line with my summary if I had to but buying on the back of this forum is just wrong.

The Nait XS is a superb amp - depending what you are not only feeding it with but furthermore speakers. I would choose the XS, personally.

Er... what is a hifi forum for EXCEPT the exchange of experience and opinion??

For me, the new Exposure integrated (3010SD2) is a killer at this level - the Nait XS is now nudging £2k.

Utterly pointless question. You might as well go on eBay and read seller's descriptions. This is so subjective, not to mention we hear things differently.....

Sorry but despite being an ex Naim-XS and Brio-R owner, this is the best I can offer. The above comment is in-line with my summary if I had to but buying on the back of this forum is just wrong.

The Nait XS is a superb amp - depending what you are not only feeding it with but furthermore speakers. I would choose the XS, personally.
Thanks for your replies and comments, and you're right Ptah I was after opinions and also Pedro despite your opening sentence you gave your opinion anyway. Thank you. I suppose a lot of people upgrade because a newer model or range is released and I was wondering if members on the forum with far more knowledge than me had experienced that and regretted it. I also suppose just because it's older technology doesn't make it inferior? Cheers!

I have the original XS (with a TeddyCap which adds a bit of weight to the sound) and if was to replace it I would probably be looking at a Pre/Power combo rather another, similar, integrated, otherwise it's only incremental gains. Not sure that helps other than to say I think it takes a lot of beating.

I'll fly in the face of the 'go listen' popular answer.. I've listen to the XS, XS2 SN1/SN2 202/200 172/155 with ND5XS and the SuperUniti is where I've ended up.

I was wondering how an older Naim Xs would stand up against newer amplifiers like the Rega Elex R, Elicit R or the Current Xs 2?

Perhaps it might help getting feedback if people knew what other kit involved ?

advertisement

Back