advertisement

naim olive fascia

David,

just wondering if a balance pot and the mute switch should be on the fascia.
The SF is a Pre that could be placed into a standard naim box, same with the B4 Pre.
Both do not have a balance poti nor do they have a mute switch.

I would like to go for something "different" that adapts the naim design. Like PFM of PF in a naim style as the logo and two words (e.g. naim style or something similar) in the futura font. I would avoid a two letter combi ns (naim style) in any case because of the former german national sozialism. Are there any plans to adapt the illuminated logo?
Also are there any plans to make a ff for the poweramps, *caps or the armageddon?

I would also be very thankful for any hints on which materila, what color etc.

My greatest pain currently is how to make the knobs.

Klaus

Has there been any progress on this? I would be interested in a couple of olive fascias for power amps (shoe box size) and possibly one for an NMB or B4 pre.
Certainly power amp fascias do not need anything except to be olive and with some naim-like lettering that can be illuminated.
Thanks
Guy

This is timely as I'm just building another StarFish, this time in a NAC 62 box. So I'll sign up for 1 fascia – 2, if it'll help the numbers.

I agree on leaving off the balance and mute knobs. Also, the selector doesn't need tape inputs these days. How about "Input 1, Input 2, Digital, Tuner, Phono"?

I really like the Goldpoint knurled K1.4 knobs as replacements for Naim Olive knobs.

I see a significant quantity of posts have been deleted from this thread. I could potentially produce such panels but, frankly, it's a lot of messing about and my real interests lie in different directions - sorry.

Ah, I see the posts have not been deleted - it's just that the posts of users on ones 'ignore' list are entirely invisible when using Tapatalk.

so far the number of requests for panels sits at one.

the number of files I have received sits at zero.

If people want exact copies of naim facias naim sell them.

I recently got my cnc working again. I'll make a couple of the SF facias and take some pictures. Flashgo you are welcome to one PM me your address.

As far as backlighting the logo you would just need to not fill the engraving with paint.

Duplicating the double sidedness of the lit logo however would require some accurate screen printing.

Be interested to see the pics of the fascias when you have made them David.
As far as the amps are concerned I do not need nor want exact copies of naim fascia just an olive fascia with a greenish glow through some script at top.

Guy

I've recently captured a few popley cases and might be interested in a few plain olive fascias at low cost but I already have a certain degree of success with DIY in this area

CB nap 135's

CIMG0024.jpg

Didn't get the colour spot on but without flash photogrphy it was pretty close!

I've recently captured a few popley cases and might be interested in a few plain olive fascias at low cost but I already have a certain degree of success with DIY in this area

CB nap 135's

CIMG0024.jpg

Didn't get the colour spot on but without flash photogrphy it was pretty close!

Looks good to me!
Guy

Commodore PET, BBC B, was there a Tandy in there as well?

David can you mill PCB's on that gadget?

And a very finest quality DEC VT100 if I'm not mistaken!

I'd have got the others too but but I had to go and do a day's work in between!

And of course it was all the finest qulaity in its day and the only one I've never used (as opposed to played a game on ) is the Apple II .

Another good oldy for interfacing to actual quipment in the real world is the HP 85 or 86 with the HP IB bus.

When i briefly worked in a oil industry related laboratory they ran everything.

I have a GPIB interface on my pc for connecting to my neutrik audio analyser.

still havent got to grips with labview yet though.

advertisement

Back