1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

naim olive fascia

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by david ellwood, May 2, 2010.

1. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

anyone near york interested in an olive fascia for their chrome bumper naim products.

I am interested in making some and need a guinea pig.

2. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I'm nowhere near York, but I want an olive front for a shoebox case (just plain, no knobs/switches).

3. david ellwood

I'll post some pictures this week

4. rhgbristol

rhgbristol pfm Member

On a slightly different track, I'm looking for the black fascias that were used on chrome bumper kit.

I'm after the smaller shoe box type with just the power switch hole - like used on a chrome bumper hi-cap. I want two of them.

I seem to recall a while back on this site, somebody had some / was able to make some / or know of a suitable semi/matt plastic material that could be used to make some up.

I'll look forward to hearing any comments
    Kind Regards
    Richard

5. prowla

prowla pfm Member

See your other thread.

6. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Les has the plastic and it looks really close to the anodized faces NAim used.

7. statman308

statman308 Apprentice bodger

Similar here. I'm looking for olive fronts for a couple of DIY projects using cases I bought from Les W.

Paul

8. david ellwood

happy to oblige.

i am working on my artcam skills at the moment but am getting more proficient.

i find that i am best with autocad and then converting the dxf at the moment.

I have some paint and some acrylic offcuts and will post pictures of some engraving as an example.

My aim is to reproduce some olive fronts for older naim amps.

do people want the led backlight?

do you want it to take newer knobs?

9. david ellwood

10. david ellwood

[​IMG]

I tried a few different colours but think the last one is close enough.

I'll engrave some and let you see the finished article.

Anyone want to come up with a starfish logo?

11. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

Hi David.

I have a damaged (cracked near power switch cutout) full size olive fascia for 250/135 that you could use for a colour match.

Let me know via PM and I could post it up to you.

Dave.

12. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

Packed and ready to go out in post on Monday morning.

Dave.

13. doug2507

doug2507 Jedi

Did anything happen with these?

14. bennyboyph

bennyboyph pfm Member

I'd love an olive front for my B4

15. klaus_dee

klaus_dee Pssssst - ONO-ized ;)

David,

also from my end. Any progress on the olive front facias?
    Hv some DIY projects for shoebox size and also full width size in progress.

Greetings,

Klaus

16. david ellwood

sorry guys got distracted.

i'll get my finger out.

17. david ellwood

the issue at hand is one of design.

are people looking for a starfish facia the looks like an olive 72 facia from a distance but has a naim logo styled 'SF'?

if anyone wants to commit some designs to CAD and forward them to my email address I can cnc pretty much what you want.

I spent some time last night measuring a naim 42 front panel and the dwg is :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22051073/naim front panel.DWG

please amend and add graphics/text to your hearts delight and if you want any other sizes i am sure i can source materials to suit.

18. david ellwood

19. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

I could generate the required font and text - I could also cut out and etch the front panels too (though the original Naim ones are not etched).

20. david ellwood

[​IMG]

This was the kind of thing I was thinking.

i have updated the files in the above link

please feel free to adjust accordingly and any feedback would be appreciated.

obviously the graphics would be solid filled.