advertisement

[FS] Naim NAT 05 tuner

gary yeowell

pfm Member
For sale, a rarely used NAT 05 tuner in beautiful condition. Original box and remote, no interconnect or mains cable. No bleed on display, perfect working. £200 inclusive of UK mainland delivery. UK sale only. No offers at this price please, and bank transfer only.

This deserves a bump - sound per pound, the NAT05 is the best value Naim tuner I've heard (and I've owned and heard 'em all). In the real world where people don't have a Ron Smith on their roof, the NAT05 shows what a delight FM can still be. GLWS!

Yes, 1000RPM is correct.

At the asking price, this Naim tuner is virtually a give-away.

Currently I hsve a factory-refurbished Nat-101, and a Nat-05 and Nat-05XS. I have a loft aerial, but no big external array. My FM transmitter is around 15 miles away.

Unsurprisingly (at least to me) the Nat-101 pulls in the strongest signal and outputs the best sound. But that's 'original Naim' for you, which with it's PS I would not part with for less than £1k.

The Nat-05XS is very good, and an additional PS is an advantage. A similar one on another well-known website was recently being offered for approaching £700.

Nat-05's in good condition go for up to £300, with performance (depending on a good signal) not far short of the -05XS.

The government has undertaken to keep the analogue FM signal broadcasting until at least 2030.

Comparison with a DAB+ broadcast of (e,g,) Radio 3 reveals the superiority of analogue source transmission.

GLWTS.

Skyebridge

advertisement

Back