advertisement

[IC] Naim NAC 52/52PS, Supercap, NAP 250 & Uniti Atom

Bubblechild

pfm Member
Hi,

Having a bit of a reshuffle and may be looking to downsize a few bits - so this is an interest check, please PM me if you'd like more info and I can check SNs/take photos/etc. Thanks. I have the following available for possible sale:

OLIVE NAIM:
Naim NAC 52/52PS
Supercap
NAP 250

BLACK NAIM:
Uniti Atom - 2017 (no HDMI)

The 52/52PS were bought from Swifty - excellent person, long of this parish. The Uniti Atom I bought new from TomTom as soon as it came out. The SC and 250 - can't remember, will have to check. All boxed with remotes, burndys, etc. I'm based in Barking, IG11, audition/inspection/questions welcome!

Happy Easter everyone. B

Hello - thank you for your various messages. To update the above: in testing the 52PS has been lighting up but for some reason not been passing audio, so I am going to send it back to Naim to have a look.

That leaves me with the others, some more info and suggested prices below if helpful; I will probs list them on the auction site of doom in the next couple of days if they're not what anyone's looking for right now.

NAC 52 - Comes with Burndy, digital power cable, old-style remote and box. Not a POTS-8. No serial number so presumably built for an employee. Very good condition cosmetically. Serviced in early 00s and sold on by Phonography. I believe Swifty owned for 17 years before selling to me in 2020. Came with a note saying 'ex-JV' and when asked about this, Phonography emailed me back to say it 'may' have come from Julian Vereker's house after he died, as they had various units that did - no way to be sure I guess, so make of that what you will! I have briefly demo'ed it back-to-back with a POTS-8 52, and to my ears they sounded remarkably similar - possibly this one was a touch 'lighter'/more 'mellow'/less 'slammy', but it was very close. I would be looking for offers around the £2,350 mark I guess.

Olive Supercap - serial number 161017, so 1999. Comes with box and a power lead which I think is generic. Very good condition cosmetically. I bought it together with the 250 in 2020 from a private seller but don't seem to have a log of what was said about servicing nor any printouts or anything - I will see if I can check this, but meanwhile have to assume not serviced/could possibly benefit from another service. Around £1,050 would be great, or £3,250 for the 52 and SC together.

Olive NAP 250 - s/n 158266, so also 1999. Comes with DIN-XLR interconnect, box and power lead; also very good cosmetic condition - service history as above. Just tried it A/Bing with 135s and again surprised that the two were actually very close to my ears. Something like £900 would be good.

Uniti Atom - s/n 421130 - owned from new in 2017. Non-HDMI version. Comes with remote, speaker plugs, Naim power cable and all original box & packaging. Very good cosmetic condition. £1,200.

I also found a Chord Epic 'Tuned ARAY' Din-XLR interconnect for a NAP 250. Around £500 when new IIRC; offered for £200.

Maybe there is a way to change this to a 'FS' rather than 'IC'?...dunno...am not on here as much as I would like to be these days.

Thanks and all the best - B

advertisement

Back