advertisement

Naim Gain stage - Feedback vs Gain

Stuart

Please show me any comment where I have criticised modding or modders in the last six months.

You made the accusation, now prove it or retract it.

Regards

Mick

to me it seems that Mick is here for only one thing, arguing about whether Les should or should not mention the magic word. so how about Les replacing the word with another say sainsburys?n then that would keep Mick quiet (well at leat until he finds something else wrong with the way people help each other out here). And another thing, what about all the other people that build/moddify amps or psus of a £$%^ nature??! doesn't have a problem with them mentioning that word....

Stuart

I was asked to be less agressive to Les and I am.

How on earth can you claim to be sick of my criticising modding etc when the latest one you can dig up is 14 months old.

I never mention modding or modders, I only remind Les when he mentions Naim. Two different things.

Regards

Mick

I only remind Les when he mentions Naim. Two different things.

Which is rather odd as he is perfectly within his rights to do so here.

I don’t know how I can make this more clear, I’ll try bullet points:

• Whatever arrangement Les has with Naim regarding their forum has absolutely no bearing whatsoever to pfm. There is no connection at all between these two forums.
  • Any representative of Avondale or Naim are free (along with everyone else) to post anything on pfm as long as it that does not break the pfm AUP.

To put it yet another way, and knowing how much Mick respects acts of unilateral aggression from people like Bush / Bliar etc: my forum, my rules. Get used to it!

Tony.

You really do'nt know when to stop digging do you Parry? Admit it will you, your here just to give Les a bad time and your getting just too boring. I'm sorry but I'm going to join the growing number of pfmers who do'nt take the slightest notice of you ever again Parry. Your intent on being a rotten sod whos intent on spoiling if for every body in this hobby.

Mick

I just thought that thread showed a good example of the sniping you hold against most DIY'ers. I know you like Naim, but you do go to great lengths to defend the brand.

Most things can be improved upon including Naim products. They even do this themselves from time to time, tweaking the circuits etc. The big difference with Naim and Avondale (Les) is that Naim MUST limit the performance in the individual product range so that there is a clear upgrade path to provide future upgrade sales / growth. I understand Avondale has ample work and therefore does not need this product range and can maximise the performance of each product accordingly.

Naim want us to beleive there is a black art to the audio circuits, but alas as alot of people have found out by modifing their Naim product's, there is not. It just take's some soldering skill and a bit of electronic's knowledge to make HUGE saving's, whilst IMPROVING the sound quality. I know which path I am going down from now and before you start, I'm a present Naim user.

Regards

Stuart

Tony

Ok fair enough but you did say any one can reply to Les when he mentions Naim which is all I am doing, nothing more or nothing less.

Regards

Mick

Originally posted by Mick Parry
any one can reply to Les when he mentions Naim which is all I am doing, nothing more or nothing less.

Find help Mick, it must be a heavy weight on those old sholders, there are people that can help take that weight away.................

you'll have one local to yourself and are there to help out when life gets toooo much, (in later years) their called Doctors.

Go for it Mick, make that phone call, you know it makes sense.

Graham (trying to help a fellow PFMer)

Graham

Your kindness is most touching.

As it so happens, we are packing our suitcases for a few days in Spain, so I will be gone for a while but will be back fully refreshed.

Love

Mick

A combination of a 6K8 and the existing 1K will virtually halve the gain of the stage. To ensure stability, a 47pF ceramic or silver mica cap across base and collector of the ZTX214 will guarantee the stage doesn't do it's usual impression of an RF signal generator.

Are we talking R9 and R14 here Les?

To get back on topic (if that's ok with MP) could someone confirm that R14 (12K) is replaced with a 6K8?

100 posts; in exactly 3 months: not out

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR COLLECTIVE SUPPORT.

Regards

TC

From Basil:
To get back on topic (if that's ok with MP) could someone confirm that R14 (12K) is replaced with a 6K8?
If you're sure it's safe to come out now - the answer is an unqualified yes with the small caveat that you may find dynamics suppressed somewhat from the original. Do let me know how it goes.

Originally posted by LesW

If you're sure it's safe to come out now - the answer is an unqualified yes with the small caveat that you may find dynamics suppressed somewhat from the original. Do let me know how it goes.

Some time ago I tried removing the 321 boards and felt that while it removed all trace of hiss, it also robbed the sound of great deal of "life" as well.

To be honest, before I start to experiment with the 321's I'd like to try and get hold of a backup set, to use as as a reference.

If anyone has a pair going spare, let me know.

You may recall I used to harangue a really foul person for a couple of years until he improved his behaviour. I do not recall you criticising me then.
It was more warranted in the former situation, yet you're worse now than you were then. I suspect you're getting more ornery as the years pass, as you work your way to the rocking chair on the porch. (It certainly's happening to me, and I'm only 40.)

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Mike

You are not supposed to write to me because I have to reply back to you. You will upset the natives.

Regards

Mick........hoping this will be the last posting in this particular section.

You are not supposed to write to me because I have to reply back to you. You will upset the natives.
Sorry everybody. I didn't realize that this thread was back on-track until I posted my message.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

advertisement

Back