advertisement

Nagaoka cart question

yes you can, will not make it an MP 200 though, different generators like the 2M range from Ortofon or windings whatever they use to make a difference, if you can check out CD Japan, much cheaper than in the UK.

I think like the Ortofon range the generators change a fair way up the range. With Ortofon the red and blue are the same, and then the bronze and black are the same, but each pair different. Pretty sure the Nag change is with the metal body of the 300 & 500. The ones below being the same aside from colour.

I recently put the exact same question to ANALOGUE SEDUCTION.

Their reply:

"I am told that there is a 'generator' difference (not sure on the full spec.) but the bodies are the same, so you can interchange Nakaoka stylus but the JN-P200 Stylus on the MP-100 body will be an upgrade but not as much as changing the whole cartridge and stylus to the MP-200."

I concur with the consensus. I've used an MP200 stylus and now use an MP500 stylus on an MP 150 cartridge body. So would be very surprised if an MP200 stylus didn't work on a MP110 cartridge body

I have 2 nagaokas. A 110 and a TS12. Both are very good. The TS12 has an upgraded “Stilton“ body, these are well worth picking up if you get the chance. They will take the 300/500 stylus as they have the Allen bolts to hold the stylus onto the body. Apparently these were an upgrade cart many years ago. I was lucky enough to find an unused one for £40 about 15 years ago. A total bargain.

Good afternoon,

Can I put a Nagaoka MP200 stylus on a MP110 body?

Cheers
PJ
That's precisely what I have done, as a more affordable route to the MP200. It gave a definite improvement over the 110, but a complete 200 cartridge would be my next move.
Initial fitting revealed a tighter fit into the 110 body, so presumably slightly better contact?

advertisement

Back