advertisement

Mytek Brooklyn DAC

I think there's still no Android app.
And that's a no go for me.

Both my Android phone and tablet work fine with my Aries Mini using their Lightning App since the firmware upgrade in November.

I need to try setting it up on another network to establish full functionality, though as I can see my network settings I assume such.

Great product.

Both my Android phone and tablet work fine with my Aries Mini using their Lightning App since the firmware upgrade in November.

I need to try setting it up on another network to establish full functionality, though as I can see my network settings I assume such.

Great product.

Could you please post a link to the android app?

Cheers!

Could you please post a link to the android app?

Cheers!

That's a good question, I was looking last night to see if there was an updated version and could not find it.

I got mine from the Google play store and it was updated automatically around last July/August.

Maybe need to ask on CA where there is a thread for both Aries Mini and Lightning DS.

I can see where Auralic are coming from, there have been 12 different Android O/S in the last 7 years. Supporting all these must be a logistical nightmare.

That's a good question, I was looking last night to see if there was an updated version and could not find it.

I got mine from the Google play store and it was updated automatically around last July/August.

Maybe need to ask on CA where there is a thread for both Aries Mini and Lightning DS.

I can see where Auralic are coming from, there have been 12 different Android O/S in the last 7 years. Supporting all these must be a logistical nightmare.

Thanks!

Hi JTC - How do you connect the Stax energizer to the Mytec? Always been tempted by Stax.
I use the XLR outputs, connecting to the balanced inputs on the energiser, and adjust the gain on the Brooklyn to 0dB (to let me use the volume pot on the energiser properly). Have to remember to adjust it back when I want to listen with speakers. Could be a bit of a fright if I forget! Speakers are connected using the RCAs outputs.

Any more Brooklyn updates? Are many people using Linear power supplies?

The Brooklyn is on my shortlist :)

I run mine using the built-in PSU. It sounds lovely. I have heard mixed reviews of some of the available PSU upgrades. Mytek itself suggests that you need a pretty beefy PSU to improve upon the built-in one.

What else is on your shortlist?

Mine is plugged into a mains regenerator. I'm not sure whether that makes it sound any better than if it was plugged straight into the wall socket but it sounds superb. Best DAC I've ever used by a long way.

I run mine using the built-in PSU. It sounds lovely. I have heard mixed reviews of some of the available PSU upgrades. Mytek itself suggests that you need a pretty beefy PSU to improve upon the built-in one.

What else is on your shortlist?

Thanks for the reply,

The Lindermann MB20 is available used locally, so I could demo that, although I don't think it's the newer DSD model.
I was also thinking about the Hugo 2, or maybe stretching to a Hugo TT.
A used Resolution Audio Cantata is very tempting too, but I think the Brooklyn is realistically the limit of my budget and seems to fit the bill.

Mine is plugged into a mains regenerator. I'm not sure whether that makes it sound any better than if it was plugged straight into the wall socket but it sounds superb. Best DAC I've ever used by a long way.

What regenerator are you using? I got a Power Inspired AG500 a few weeks ago. Great piece of kit.

Well, still loving the Brooklyn. It can - in my mind and to my ears - do no wrong. A total bargain at the price. Adding the linear PSU was worthwhile - I think I mentioned it earlier - but even in stock form it's a stunning DAC. Other than the quirky UI, I cannot see anywhere it can really be improved. For me, it's end-game, as I don't believe any improvement can come at anything like a sensible cost. I'm a happy bunny. I only hope it lasts many years!!!

:D imagine asking the dealer for a home demo of one black and one silver so you can pick the best sounding one :D

Hi Matt

But then again you've also got to decide on colour of the Brooklyn's front panel Mytek logo :D I like the Brooklyn DAC with Silver front panel and with the logo in blue :cool:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Matt

But then again you've also got to decide on colour of the Brooklyn's front panel Mytek logo :D I like the Brooklyn DAC with Silver front panel and with the logo in blue :cool:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

I forgot about that :D Great feature.

Cheers
Matt

advertisement

Back