advertisement

Music for comparisons

Tenson

Trade: AudioSmile
We can't use music in copyright for making nay kit comparisons or other download type tests as Google has given Tony a slap on the hand.

So, how about we make our own? We must have some pretty talented musicians here! Why don't we record some great music ourselves so we can be assured of the quality and it will be free from copyright.

I might be able to offer a well recorded piano track as my wife plays. She is out of practice at the moment but I'm sure over the next few months I could get a good recording together. Maybe some Debussy or Chopin? No promises though, it is her choice.

I have dozens of well recorded Chamber music concerts.

done in a purist way. no processing. two HQ mics into a very HQ preamp.

also have singer/songwriter and full band too..

ill share privately, but not public. they are 24/96. very good /well known ensembles. (who approved my recording and sharing)

PM if you want.

I have dozens of well recorded Chamber music concerts.

done in a purist way. no processing. two HQ mics into a very HQ preamp.

also have singer/songwriter and full band too..

ill share privately, but not public. they are 24/96. very good /well known ensembles. (who approved my recording and sharing)

PM if you want.

If it can't be shared publicly it is not very helpful as the reason I was hoping to get some original material is for use in tests online. for example where you could record the music through an amp and upload it for people to judge against the original.

If it can't be shared publicly it is not very helpful as the reason I was hoping to get some original material is for use in tests online. for example where you could record the music through an amp and upload it for people to judge against the original.

Ive got a couple of files that I can use actually.

i think someone should register a pfm soundcloud account for downloads and streams - all in one place.

per track is limited to 100 downloads each and i think an hour of music is allowed at any bitrate or type file.

plus you get a pretty wav to look alike for people who prefer to see the wavs rather than use their ears!!!

It may be that if the google spies see links to known download sites, they'll write off pfm without taking the time to see if the linked files are actually rights free. In other words, I suspect any hint of sharing, regardless of the nature of the shared file, is going to land Tony in hot water.

Tony, the filthy capitalist running dog, should kick google into touch...

Power to the people!!!

Well we can all use Robert's forum, Audiosmile, for depositing links to needle drops, not sure if he would mind hosting them.

I don't care if Google take away the advertising from AudioSmile, you are all welcome to use it for needle-drop links. I do request that you cut the length of the tracks a little so at least the full track is not being shared. Just take 30seconds off the end.

However you can not link to the threads from here or it's just as bad as a direct link.

Well we can all use Robert's forum, Audiosmile, for depositing links to needle drops, not sure if he would mind hosting them.

He'd be mad to risk it. I'm very pleased it was just google that woke me up to this rather than the BPI. RIAA, MCPS or whoever who could probably have walked away with my house and assets in damages as I'm in no financial position to fight a long protracted court case. At the very least it could cost Simon his Audiosmile company (which I assume is a Ltd company). I'm certainly not taking any risks with this stuff again, I've worked far too hard for far too long to attain what little I have, I'm certainly not prepared to have it all wiped out because someone wants to break international copyright law on my site.

Do you really think they will sue your pants off before simply asking you to remove the links?

..I'll talk to Rob about it later today.

Do you really think they will sue your pants off before simply asking you to remove the links?

I've no idea, but I'm not going to risk it! I'd not be surprised if the first you heard about it was a demand for £x000 in royalties based on an arbitrary estimation of site usage. That would present the option to pay or face a potentially expensive court case. I'd prefer simply not to place myself at risk in the first place!

It's a shame as the facility is useful, but we just need to find a workaround, e.g. self-produce some copyright free music, then we could price up getting it pressed up as a limited run - I've got a record shop after all! I can also create "music" of an electronic nature.

I thought we had internationally recognised music producers on the pfm staff; if they are too busy perhaps they could ask Mr Eno to step in?

i could donate a really nasty sounding piece of detroit style techno - doubt any of you prog rock fans would get past the first 2 seconds....;)

A very nice idea.
I can record some (hopefully decent) piano playing of my own in 24/96, but please this will not start a parallel thread with all sort of thoughts and faces and jokes, won't it...?
:)
M.

advertisement

Back