advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to balance things out so as not to upset my over sensitive prejudiced Scottish chum.

Top scorer for doms Alan Wilde.

As for footy UTD or Chelsea for the title with City in third.

Hernandez to West Am I hope not I would have him back at UTD he is a proven goal scorer and yet another player not given a fair chance by Sir Alex.

It will be Chelsea, then Spurs and City coming third. Lukaku will turn out to be Torres Mk II and Utd will be lucky if they scrape into 4th.

Jack

Chelsea had it easy last year without European football as did the bin dippers I think both will find it harder this year.

Just to balance things out so as not to upset my over sensitive prejudiced Scottish chum.

You live in England, support Man U and yet again want to start a thread about Scottish football (which you know next to nothing about) this time with a title that equates it with darts and doms. Then to 'balance things out' show your complete lack of wit and humour you open up a thread with a similar title for English football.

I hesitate to say what my impression of you is, but let's be clear I'm not your chum.

You live in England, support Man U and yet again want to start a thread about Scottish football (which you know next to nothing about) this time with a title that equates it with darts and doms. Then to 'balance things out' show your complete lack of wit and humour you open up a thread with a similar title for English football.

I hesitate to say what my impression of you is, but let's be clear I'm not your chum.

Your impression of me should be that I am an honourable human being as I reminded you that I lost the bet that we had last season and then you generously told me to donate it to charity which I did this gesture restored my faith in humanity me old chum.

Your impression of me should be that I am an honourable human being as I reminded you that I lost the bet that we had last season and then you generously told me to donate it to charity which I did this gesture restored my faith in humanity me old chum.

I'm sure you are decent guy, but I get fed up with people taking the p*ss out of Scottish football. We all know it is not going through a golden era just now and maybe we are too sensitive about the issue (it possibly reflects the state of the country) so I will pull in my neck as we say up here.

People are usually a bit more friendly to each other after a 'clearing of the air', so I'm sure we can get along together, well it works for me an the missus after an argy-bargy :)

Thinking that WHU have done some ( potentially) very good business this window.
Total spend on Hart + Zabaleta + Arnautovic + Hernandez is very shrewd relative to MUFC or Evertons spend, I think.
There's always a very strong possibility that at least one of em will be injured in a freak table-tennis accident & join the ever-lengthy sick list that WHU have mind you. And Hernandez isn't the quickest out there, so they'll have to work out how to play it through the middle to him, but after offloading one of the existing goalies, plus nordveidt & calleri, their squad is as strong as its been for quite a while.

Zabaleta is too slow for the premiership nowadays Hart and Hernandez are good signings, Hernandez is a penalty box player he will score goals no doubt about it.

Pep does love a Kamikazi keeper, eh? :D

Judging by the last couple of matches, albeit friendlies, it looks like the combination of a strong focal point in attack, combined with Lukaku's pace is creating space for others, on top of his own goal scoring talent. It's looking promising for the forthcoming season, and Lukaku is looking the key to the goals that United lacked last season.

The main concern would be that Lukaku came in, but United lost two forwards from last season, so could do with adding another really.

FFS you just couldn't make it up could you first Calamity Joe, then Comedy Claudio and now Inept Ederson, yet more side splitting antics from City's production line of not very world class keepers!

Don't get too giddy scum.

Your first team beat our reserves.

Watching Foden humiliating Pogba and Herrera was refreshing though.

And of course the last time City lost to the scum pre season the next time they met what was the score?

Let me remind you...

Scum 1 City 6

"You lucky bastards, it should have been ten.."

"

Interesting, so Messrs De Bruyne, Sterling, Kompany, Aguero, Walker, Jesus, Stones, Sane, Toure and Ederson are all reserves are they?

No doubt Foden will be as he was the only S*itty player who did anything at all.

Don't get too giddy scum.

Watching Foden humiliating Pogba and Herrera was refreshing though.

And of course the last time City lost to the scum pre season the next time they met what was the score?

Let me remind you...

Scum 1 City 6

"You lucky bastards, it should have been ten.."

And in 1066 England was successfully invaded by the French and even further back in the sands of time Adam met Eve...........

Not one from this transfer window, but Batshuayi looks like a new player.

His two very well taken goals and an assist against Arsenal today were impressive enough on their own, but his general hold up play and a couple of excellent defensive headers out added up to a good, solid, all round performance.

There were two occasions when he really should've passed and instead choose to shoot, but his goals, a delicate curling finish around the keeper and a long range blast after winning the ball in our own half, both with his 'wrong' foot, show he could be as good as a new player for us this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back