advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a defensive midfielder who gives the ball away Carrick is already at master that.

We don't need a defensive midfielder who gives the ball away Carrick is already at master that.

You've just spent £90m on a forward who does the same thing. Wouldn't they make a perfect pairing? ;)

Like Mata whom I rate.

Mata's form dipped a bit after a fantastic 2013 season with Chelsea, when he was the PFA player of the year. He wasn't tackling back, which is what Mourinho wanted. It was a mistake to let him go though, he is a great footballer.

Jack

We have a player at Palace, Jordan Mutch, he scored two goals yesterday against the mighty Maidstone United. Would one of you money bag clubs like to buy him, a packet of Maltesers and Green shield stamps and hes your! Thought not, never mind we will continue to pay the useless lazy fecker stupid wages for evermore.

On a much less serious matter when are clubs going to reverse this nonsense about clubs paying agents fees .....your agent -you pay him.

We have a player at Palace, Jordan Mutch, he scored two goals yesterday against the mighty Maidstone United. Would one of you money bag clubs like to buy him, a packet of Maltesers and Green shield stamps and hes your! Thought not, never mind we will continue to pay the useless lazy fecker stupid wages for evermore.

On a much less serious matter when are clubs going to reverse this nonsense about clubs paying agents fees .....your agent -you pay him.

Yes, yes and a hundred times, yes

Looks like West Am have tied up Hart for a season he is still a very good keeper but not half as good as some on here would have you think, City to pay part of his wages too that's very generous of them helping our poor southern cousins out.

Chelsea interested in Aguero, now that'd be interesting. Aguero and Fabregas in the same team.....Mmmmmm

Really like Aguero. I'd rather have him or Sanchez than Lukaku. The only potential problem is that Luiz and Aguero have had spats in the past.

Jack

Not sure why Pep doesn't like Aguero. I'd have thought he'd fit into Guardiola's tippy tappy football a treat?

Not sure why Pep doesn't like Aguero. I'd have thought he'd fit into Guardiola's tippy tappy football a treat?

Yeah I would have thought so too. Lukaku didn't score during his lacklustre Utd debut against LA Galaxy on Sunday, says the Metro.

One shot he took ended up in space, according to some Chelsea fans. I am definitely glad we did't fork out £90 million for him. He has Torres written all over his forehead.

Jack

Yeah I would have thought so too. Lukaku didn't score during his lacklustre Utd debut against LA Galaxy on Sunday, says the Metro.

One shot he took ended up in space, according to some Chelsea fans. I am definitely glad we did't fork out £90 million for him. He has Torres written all over his forehead.

Jack

Yes, the difference between Lukaku and Aguero is the difference between hope and expectation. Mind you, I'm not going to say anything against Lukaku for fear that one day he plays a blinder against Chelsea leading Man U to a victory after being 2 -0 down..... remember Kanu in '99?? Still hurts. :mad::mad::mad:

Aesop got it right when he wrote the fable about the fox and the grapes, didn't he?
��

Aesop got it right when he wrote the fable about the fox and the grapes, didn't he?
��

If you're trying to say that Chelsea fans here are talking sour grapes then the answer is no. No Chelsea on here wanted Lukaku before he went to Man U. So no, not sour grapes, more a loud sigh of relief.

Michael Owen thinks Conte and Chelsea can win the Premier League this coming year without Diego Costa, because they are not a one or two-player team.

Given the way that Conte is building up the defence and midfield this could be true. We won games last year when Costa wasn't playing, because he was injured or throwing a strop.

The big news of the day is Neymar could be leaving Barca for PSG. His release clause is €222million (£197.3m).

Neymar should come to Chelsea instead. He's youngish and has the necessary style for the area. The birds would love him ... and he would score a lot of goals.

Given the money he could generate for the club, he'd be a much better deal than Lukaku even at twice the price. He is one of the most marketable sportsmen on the planet and the face for many large brands. Neymar is a commercial asset in a way that Lukaku can only dream of and makes a lot of money for Barca.

We like Brazilians at Chelsea FC. Neymar could easily fill in for Diego Costa, who traitorously defected to Spain.

Jack

It appears that Matic is likely to leave Chelsea and rejoin Mourinho at United. It is reported that he has been training alone at Chelsea's training base at Cobham and has been omitted from their touring squad to China and Sri Lanka.

We like players called Nemanja at United.

Also Jack, did you read what Andy Murray said about 'casual sexism' this week? I don't think he'd approve of your comments about 'the birds'....!

On the other hand, he probably doesn't subscribe to pfm.

Also Jack, did you read what Andy Murray said about 'casual sexism' this week? I don't think he'd approve of your comments about 'the birds'....!

On the other hand, he probably doesn't subscribe to pfm.

Andy Murray is Scottish and tipped his hat to Cameron at Wimbledon, so he can't really be relied on to define what is or isn't sexist.

Jack

According to The Guardian, Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is about to walk up Chelsea's yellow brick road. He will sign for £58 million, a club record. The Spanish have confirmed the planned transfer.

"“The move is now subject to him agreeing personal terms and passing a medical,” Chelsea said in a statement. Wages are not expected to prove an issue, with Morata in line to earn around £150,000 a week on a five-year contract. He is in the United States with the rest of Zinedine Zidane’s first-team squad and must travel to England for a medical ...

"The manager (Conte) has long been an admirer of the 24-year-old, whom he signed for Juventus just before taking the Italy job in 2014, and there had been talks to bring him to England a year ago upon Conte’s appointment in south-west London."

Conte is very smart. He wanted Morata from the start. It was Chelsea's idiot technical director, Michael Emenalo, who pushed for Lukaku. Conte got his wish and a pay rise as well. The new season could be good at Stamford Bridge.

Jack

According to The Guardian, Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is about to walk up Chelsea's yellow brick road. He will sign for £58 million, a club record. The Spanish have confirmed the planned transfer.

"“The move is now subject to him agreeing personal terms and passing a medical,” Chelsea said in a statement. Wages are not expected to prove an issue, with Morata in line to earn around £150,000 a week on a five-year contract. He is in the United States with the rest of Zinedine Zidane’s first-team squad and must travel to England for a medical ...

"The manager (Conte) has long been an admirer of the 24-year-old, whom he signed for Juventus just before taking the Italy job in 2014, and there had been talks to bring him to England a year ago upon Conte’s appointment in south-west London."

Conte is very smart. He wanted Morata from the start. It was Chelsea's idiot technical director, Michael Emenalo, who pushed for Lukaku. Conte got his wish and a pay rise as well. The new season could be good at Stamford Bridge.

Jack

This is certainly my feeling. Morata's got two feet and a head, so he should be at lest three times better than Lukaku!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back