advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we have the best striker in the PL, again.

Bloss

Big fish, small pond.

Lionel Messi is set to become the world's first £1million-a-week footballer.

Five-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi is poised to sign a new four-year contract with Barcelona - and will earn a staggering basic wage as a result.

It is reported that Messi, 30, will earn over £1million-a-week before bonuses and endorsements. (DR)
Worth every penny :D

Lukaku is 24, and for the moment is still 75 million, still another 4 years before he hits his expected peak. Lukaku's goal tally has increased every season at Everton, and I don't see that as likely to change as he becomes a better player ...

Man United could get 4 good years out of him, and still possibly sell him on for a profit to Madrid should they come sniffing, which I have no doubt they will, considering the dearth of young and ready striking talent at the moment.

You could be right. I am just glad he hasn't come to Chelsea. There are better players out there.

Jack

OK, so now it's getting too complicated for a simple soul like me. According to the BBC website:

Chelsea tried to re-sign the Belgium international but were not willing to match the fees Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, would earn if the forward moved to Old Trafford.

I remember when agents were happy to pocket a percentage of the fee, but clearly it must be more complicated than that now.:rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40547192

10m for the agent apparently..... Mourinho likes these kind of deals. He has done them his whole career. Just sayin'

I feel in a way sorry for Everton for having sold their top striker and getting in exchange Rooney. I would really be depressed if that occured to my team.:eek:

I feel in a way sorry for Everton for having sold their top striker and getting in exchange Rooney. I would really be depressed if that occured to my team.:eek:

No depression with Everton at all I can assure you.

£75m for a player who hasn't wanted to be at Everton for a few years now, rising to £90m with addons possibly, it is good business for the Blues to offload him. He isn't as good as he thinks he is, in fact Lukakau can be atrocious at times.

Rooney is not an exchange player at all, he is here for team depth support & probably commercial interests, he still has something to offer I'm sure for a few more years.

We have bought a decent Spanish striker, Sandro Ramirez, for £5.2m, bet you he is as good as Lukaku as well although time will tell, get Giroud for £20m, plus some other class players already bought, I see good times ahead.

The Daily Mail and the Daily Star say Alexis Sanchez could sign to Chelsea. This would be much better than having grunter Lukaku.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will probably be loaned out to Crystal Palace. Bit of a shame, because he's really talented.

Jack

The press and television pundits are full of guesswork about which players are being bought and sold by clubs. I like the story about Chelsea going after Dortmund's striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

"The report claims that the Premier League champions (Chelsea) have moved ahead of PSG in the queue for the 28-year-old, who scored 40 goals in 46 games in all competitions last season," says the Metro.

"Aubameyang’s prolific touch in front of goal saw him beat Robert Lewandowski to the Bundesliga top scorer award, and he’s since pushed for a move away from Dortmund.

"With Diego Costa looking set to return to former club Atletico Madrid, the former Saint-Etienne man looks ideal for Antonio Conte’s needs up front."

Aubameyang will do fine, thank you very much.

Jack

It looks like Chelsea are buying Monaco midfielder Bakayoko, although Utd are still after him. The player arrived in London yesterday for a medical, but is upping the tension by playing games in the social media. Don't blame him.

Arsenal meanwhile are trying to scupper Matic going to Utd. They have offered to swap Alex Oxlade-Chamberblain for him, according to the Metro. Utd are willing to pay £40 million. Juventus and Inter are also interested.

I am kind of glad Matic is leaving, even though the long range goal he scored with a rocket shot against Spurs a few months ago was amazing.

Jack

£45m for a right back.

City trying to buy the title as usual whatever happened to the famous youth academy that brought them home grown talent such as, er, erm.............

UTD on the other hand giving youth and local kids a chance to break into the first team what a credit to football a moral and righteous path which should be followed by every club, a blue print for modern football.

Jack, how will Matic fit in at UTD?

He can be a great defensive midfielder and Mourinho obviously rates him. I will be glad if he leaves Chelsea though, because he is slowing down and sometimes gives the ball away through ill-judged passes. The latter are very annoying.

Juventus have turned down Chelsea's offer of £61 million for Sandro. The good news is Dortmund's Emerick Aubameyang has said no to a £25 million a year deal with a Chinese club, so he could end up at Stamford Bridge.

Meanwhile Chelsea have supposedly said they will pay Euros 100 million for Gonzalo Higuain from Juventus. Don't think that will go anywhere though.

Get the impression that many newspaper transfer stories are made up to sell copies.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back