advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real want £80 million for Morata. Conte has decided to target Torino's Belotti instead. The striker will cost £87.6 million, reports the Metro.

"According to Mediaset’s Premium Sport, Belotti is now Conte’s first choice signing, with Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata a back-up option to the Italy international.

"Belotti, however, will only be leaving Torino this summer if Chelsea activate the €100m (£87.6m) release clause in his contract with the Serie A club."

Meanwhile Zinedine Zidane will let James Rodriguez go for £52 million. Conte is interested the Columbian attacking midfielder. He will use money from the Costa sale to fund the signing.

The Daily Star reckon that Sir Alex Ferguson would have signed John Terry for the year. Good grief, the Scot is showing signs of sanity in his old age.

Jack

Poor old Bob, the only pleasure he gets is from ripping in to United and pfmers who upset his delicate sensibilities. Like many City supporters he has a justifiable inferiority complex. ☹️

It's understandable. City were abject last season, hopeless in everything they contested & finally humiliated in the champions league. Small wonder the Etihad is usually half empty. Deep down it's still a small club playing at being bigger.

Whoever has agreed to £90 million is bloody tapped. This guy is just too clumsy to be a top striker, let Bloody Chelsea have him back.

I'll be happy if Lukaku does go to Utd. He's never looked like a Chelsea player.

We buy him for £18m, sell him for £28m and try to buy him back again for £75m? Where's the sense in that? How long before we try to but Solanke back for silly money? And Solanke at 18 looked a lot better than Lukaku at 18.

Remind me , why did we sell Solanke :confused::confused::confused:

I think the top 4 will be a lot easier this season as I don't see Spurs competing for CL place as it looks like they will have to sell players to fund the building of their new stadium....

As for City, then they did play poorly, but with keeper that hopefully can save the majority of shots that come his way, they will be a lot better than last season.

I am not a Football fan, but I do love the idea of a
'Transfer Window.'

Picture this:

Wayne Rooney in his new house and he decides to change the Club he
plays for.

As the house was specially built it has a transfer window.
It's at the side of the house and has steps inside,
paid for by the Football Club he works for.

When he moves to a new Club they install steps outside for him to
climb down and into his new Club's 'Delivery Vehicle.'
Probably a Porsche Cayenne with blacked-out windows.

Whoever has agreed to £90 million is bloody tapped. This guy is just too clumsy to be a top striker, let Bloody Chelsea have him back.

We don't want him, which is why he was sold in the first place.

There are far more skilful players to spend the money on.

Real have apparently offered a double deal of Morata and James Rodriguez for £132 million to Chelsea. Mind you it is the Daily Express saying this and they are about as trustworthy as T May.

I'd be happy with Alexis Sanchez if Conte could swerve him to Chelsea. Plus it would be good to see City suffer some more if they can't get hold of him.

Jack

It'd be interesting to see what Rodriguez could do in the PL. He had a good world cup back in 2014 but hasn't really had an extended opportunity to shine since then.

It'd be interesting to see what Rodriguez could do in the PL. He had a good world cup back in 2014 but hasn't really had an extended opportunity to shine since then.

Yeah I agree. He hasn't been given that much of a chance to develop at Real and wants to leave in the next 48 hours, says the Metro. Apparently he hasn't ruled out a move to Barca. Zinedine Zidane wouldn't be happy about that.

Utd's new signing was arrested in LA last week, according to the BBC.

Lukaku was making too much noise apparently. That's typical of a man who is all grunt and no finesse.

Jack

Yeah I agree. He hasn't been given that much of a chance to develop at Real and wants to leave in the next 48 hours, says the Metro. Apparently he hasn't ruled out a move to Barca. Zinedine Zidane wouldn't be happy about that.

Utd's new signing was arrested in LA last week, according to the BBC.

Lukaku was making too much noise apparently. That's typical of a man who is all grunt and no finesse.

Jack

I was struck by your previous post about Sanchez. Sanchez is a terrific player, he has vision, can see the game unfolding and can deliver a killer pass, He's also a bit special in front of goal himself. On the down side, he gets frustrated when he makes a run and others (most of the Arsenal team!!) don't see it

Strangely I could see a Sanchez Lukaku combo working, Sanchez would set up Romalu a lot, but I can't see a lot happening in the other direction. Therein is, I think, Lukaku's problem; he's not great at the vision thing

For all the Lukaku bashing, he scored more goals than Sanchez, Aguero, and Costa, whilst also having more assists than Hazard and only 4 fewer than Sanchez last season. Now considering Lukaku was playing for a far inferior team than the other 4 mentioned, I think his stats are pretty remarkable, so it will be interesting to see what he does next season, especially as Mourinho favours a player of his type upfront, and the previous focal points in a Mourinho attack haven't faired too badly in the past. .. I think it will be very interesting to see what he does.

Lukaku scored a lot of goals last season, however he isn't worth £90 million, which is how much the fee is including add-ons.

Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored 31 goals, five more than Lukaku. He is a real poacher and it would be great if Chelsea chased him.

Lukaku might do well at Utd, but I wouldn't count on it. Mourinho sold him when he managed Chelsea.

Chelsea won't need a new striker if Costa stays on.

Jack

Didn't Conte dump Costa via text? ... that burnt bridge is going to take some serious building. I think those actions showed that Conte wanted Lukaku more than you're letting on.
Aubameyang will cost in the region of 60 million for a 28 year old who's already playing at his peak, Lukaku is 24, and for the moment is still 75 million, still another 4 years before he hits his expected peak. Lukaku's goal tally has increased every season at Everton, and I don't see that as likely to change as he becomes a better player. He knows the Premiership well, whereas Aubameyang is an unknown quantity and may take a season to adjust to the premiership. No player is worth what clubs pay nowadays, crumbs, Keane has just gone to Everton for 30 million, it's crazy, but it is what it is, and at the current rate of business and given the stats, I think it's a sensible business decision. Man United could get 4 good years out of him, and still possibly sell him on for a profit to Madrid should they come sniffing, which I have no doubt they will, considering the dearth of young and ready striking talent at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back