advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Newcastle have just slapped Utd 1 - 0 ! It was a great game in the second half. If we beat West Brom on Monday night, we'll be a point behind Mourinho's moaners and one above Kane's crudhopppers. Sounds good to me.

Jack

Last edited:
Well done to Newcastle! Shelvey was brilliant at both ends. Can’t recall a better performance by a midfielder this year. Countless fine passes, breakups and tackles.

It’s all setting up nicely for a guard of honour at the Etihad on April 7th.

Unless it’s won before then...

Well done to Newcastle! Shelvey was brilliant at both ends. Can’t recall a better performance by a midfielder this year. Countless fine passes, breakups and tackles.
Now please play that every week...
It's a funny old game.
Six points separate ten teams from 10th to 19th place.

are they giving some teams five points for a win these days, you're still 6 behind them?

are they giving some teams five points for a win these days, you're still 6 behind them?
Who and what are you talking about?
I was referring generally to how tight it is from 10th to 19th. Bournemouth are on 31 in 10th and Stoke are on 25 in 19th.
If you are referring to NUFC we are on 28pts which is 6 points behind Everton in 9th but I was not talking about them...they are safe imo...so I have no idea what you are getting at.

I was referring to Jack's post saying a win tomorrow and CFC will be a point behind, I did quote his post but clearly it didn't save... get over it ;)

Two class goals by Hazard and one by Moses have put us back above the minging Spurs. This isn't too much of a surprise. Tottenham have been fifth rate for most the last few decades.

Giroud started for the first time since he came from the Arses. He isn't the bruiser Costa was, but he certainly had a go and was battered for his efforts. He did an excellent lay-off to Hazard for the Belgian's first goal.

Later a West Brom player studded a prone Giroud on top of his head. It must have really hurt. He was bandaged up and then got thwacked hard in the calf. The Frenchman was given a big round of applause when Morata came on as a substitute. Giroud certainly made a good impression tonight.

The other Chelsea star of the game was Azpilicueta aka Dave. He did a couple of excellent cross intercepts in the penalty area. If he hadn't been there, West Brom might have scored.

Chelsea didn't start well. The one real chance West Brom had was early in the first half. Moses, way outside the penalty area, tried to head the ball back to keeper Courtois, but it went to Jay Rodriguez. He could have cut to the right or left of Courtois, but instead took an immediate shot and the ball went wide.

Our next couple of games are against Hull and Barca. We should win them.

Jack

Last edited:
Excellent performance by City but several players clearly knackered, Kun in particular. Great to see Sane back so soon.

I woke up this morning and haven't read a single piece about Conte being sacked.

Abramovich must've put out the word and we can look forward to a bright new dawn of sense, stability and recruitment decisions made for footballing reasons?

Ever the optimist.

did anyone else witness PSG embarrass themselves?

Think you misunderstand this game called football, They were unlucky to find themselves so far behind, and don’t write them off yet. The second goal was fortunate. They’ve still got a match at home where a 2-0 win would suffice

Was interested in the free kick stats at 14 by Real and 16 by PSG. I suppose that means 1 every 3 minutes on average, but it seemed like more than that when you consider the ones that weren't given.

advertisement

Back