advertisement

Mott the Hoople to reunite

No Aerial Bender then?

Remember seeing Queen (supporting) and Mott at Blackburn Georges Hall. Mott were excellent liviing in the space that then existed between rock and pop. Saw Daevid Allen, same age as Ian Hunter, a few months ago, neither age nor lifestyle seemed to have in any way diminished him, hopefully same will be true for IH.

One of my first favourite bands. I hope they decide to visit Melbourne [43 today, phew what a scorcher]. Thanks for the notice. Anyone bought tickets yet?

anyone going to the mott gigs.

I went last night very enjoyable great gig,

They sell cd's of the gig i was unable to get one(huge linep to gt one)if anyone has one or is going it would be great if they could get one for me

Have they changed 'All The Young Dudes' to 'All The Old Gimmers' then?

These comeback things...
I'm gaining respect all the time for those that DON'T come back. It's just so NOT rock'n'roll, know what I mean?
I'm just a cynic. Sorry.

And then there's me going to see Swervedriver in November......I dunno. If it's sad I'll kick myself for ruining the memory, but I can't miss it either. I'm sort of wishing they weren't doing it.

To be honest, I think MTH have more chance of making this work than most simply because they never reached a comfortable place to begin with. They never stopped having to work hard, so they never became 'Coldplay' and rode it. That's probably going to show.
I'm talking my way into going to see them. They weren't like the others.

I'm wishing I'd made the effort - Mott were one of those bands you loved regardless of their occasional crapness. Will have to make do with another spin of the live reissue thingummy.

advertisement

Back