advertisement

Modding the 82

Mark Packer

All Rev'd up!
I've been told that there is a very simple mod to the 82 which involves either removing or relocating an earthing wire.

Apparently it makes quite a difference.

Does anyone know anymore?

I think you probably mean the unbundling of the wires to/from the pots board.

On some older 82s, a group of wires running from the pots board at the front left of the unit, were tie-wrapped together. The mod is simply to snip the tie-wrap and gently part the wires.

see:
NAC82 mods

EDIT
Excellent - link works now thanks to Jim!

Here's the link again, as the one above doesnt work right:

82 mods

Hey everyone - look quick - Our very own Mick Parry espousing the benefits of modifying Naim kit !

Jim.

Thanks Jim.

Anyone explain to me why my link doesn't work? Also why it doesn't say "NAC82 mods" like I named it? Tony? Help?

Our very own Mick Parry espousing the benefits of modifying Naim kit
Yes, but this is an official Naim mod - if you ring them up they will talk you through doing it.

Links:

When you insert a link, it will pop up a window asking for the link name. After that it will ask for the url. I think you got them the wrong way round. Don't worry about it - confused the hell out of me the first time round.

Jim.

Chaps

Mark Tucker advised me of this mod. I did it myself, so any clown can do it. It took all of 20 minutes, which included making a cup of tea and it worked.

Regards

Mick

Thanks chaps but unbundling the wires is not the mod I had in mind. I've done that one.

No, I'm talking about one which involves, AFAIK, disconnecting an earth wire and re connecting it somewhere else in the pre-amp.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Mark

I seem to remember someone mentioning that if you use 2 Hi Caps to power the 82 you should remove one of the earth's to avoid earth loop or star earth problems. Not sure if this is the one you are on about.

Cheers

Nick

advertisement

Back