advertisement

Melody Gardot appreciation

Clive D

Low fidelity victim
I have seen her name crop up a few times here but hadn't sought out her music until a pal recommended her. Wow!

A great singer/writer with a lovely smoky presentation with a voice to die for. Her early stuff - Worrisome Heart, The Absence - comprised numerous heart wrenching songs but her newest album, Currency of Man, is more upbeat.

Reading her history, she had a near-fatal bike crash some years ago and was in hospital for about a year. Music played a huge part in her rehabilitation and now her self-confidence has grown, she is well worth a listen.

I have seen her name crop up a few times here but hadn't sought out her music until a pal recommended her. Wow!

A great singer/writer with a lovely smoky presentation with a voice to die for. Her early stuff - Worrisome Heart, The Absence - comprised numerous heart wrenching songs but her newest album, Currency of Man, is more upbeat.

Reading her history, she had a near-fatal bike crash some years ago and was in hospital for about a year. Music played a huge part in her rehabilitation and now her self-confidence has grown, she is well worth a listen.

And she oozes sex appeal.

Whilst in hospital, one of her friends recording her singing to herself. Posted it on youtube, adm the rest, as they say, is history ��
Love her stiff. Firs two albums are my favourite. She also appears on the album 'sophisticated ladies' which is a cracking jazz album

I saw her live at the Palladium last year - brilliant, although spoilt a little by an over-zealous saxophonist. Although in support of Currency of Man, it was a long way removed from a sound-alike live version of it.

Pretty much all her stuff is wonderful music, although side D of Currency of Man, and Burying My Troubles in particular, are stunning pieces of music. Probably my favourite record of all time.

Whilst in hospital, one of her friends recording her singing to herself. Posted it on youtube, adm the rest, as they say, is history ��
Love her stiff. Firs two albums are my favourite. She also appears on the album 'sophisticated ladies' which is a cracking jazz album

Love her stiff? She has the same effect on me! :)

Perhaps not her on the cover?????????

For those not concerned about where they buy, the price on Amazon is within a few pence of the price inc. P&P, from her website.

Listening now, very nice. Latest album has some similar vibes to Melanie de Biaso who I also like.

advertisement

Back