advertisement

MDAC first listen (part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have sent details to your email. :)

Wow, been fighting your Firewall to send our little EXE file... 3rd time lucky I hope...

Let us know if your the first to brick your unit :)

As before - USB ready etc

This version just adds DPLL setting in the Menu under "Jitter Rejection" and fixes the Digital filter load issue.

John

Wilky, did you have a "day of release" unit in the UK? If so we can compare serial numbers as well. If not, I am okay to test this for John also if he can send a replacement front panel that quickly.

Hi Jon,

You should have mail...

John

I have the updater from John. Good news is that the update did NOT brick my day-of-release UK MDAC.

One thing though, it said it was going to update to 0.91/0.92 software

But actually my end software version is 0.91/0.91 . I had 0.90/0.90 before I believe (I had not tried the previous Beta)

I can confirm I can see the jitter rejection menu with Auto, low mid and high settings.

I have the updater from John. Good news is that the update did NOT brick my day-of-release UK MDAC.

But actually my end software version is 0.91/0.91 . I had 0.90/0.90 before I believe (I had not tried the previous Beta)

I can confirm I can see the jitter rejection menu with Auto, low mid and high settings.

Yes - don't worry about the Rev. numbers - these is still beta, and Dom does not increment the Rev. numbers as he forwards me his latest build. The official release will be correct.

Did you have any problems running on your machine? - and what OS are you using? (Just for our feedback)?

Both Dom and I are on XP (thankfully).

John

Hi Jon

Good news.

I bought my M-DAC on 16th Nov 2011.

Do you know if that makes it a first batch/day of release unit?

Did you have any problems running on your machine? - and what OS are you using? (Just for our feedback)?

Both Dom and I are on XP (thankfully).

John

Absolutely no problems at all. It was truly as easy as pie. I think it said it took about 2.x seconds for part 1 and 10.x seconds for part 2 of the update.

I was using Windows 7 64-bit...which was brave of me perhaps, but it worked flawlessly.

Hi Jon

Good news.

I bought my M-DAC on 16th Nov 2011.

Do you know if that makes it a first batch/day of release unit?

Little Point, serial numbers will say very little - IAG production is too random... and I'm sure they where scrabbling around component sourcing for the first batches until "official" vendor channels come online...

I'm saying that there is no way to tell via Serial numbers or production date if the duff MCU is used - as IAG where unaware of the need to keep track of MCU Rev number - or even to that end that different MCU Rev numbers existed - it only came to light when we started investigating issues with updating the software.

Absolutely no problems at all. It was truly as easy as pie. I think it said it took about 2.x seconds for part 1 and 10.x seconds for part 2 of the update.

I was using Windows 7 64-bit...which was brave of me perhaps, but it worked flawlessly.

Part one is the Mainboard software (takes about 2 to 3 seconds) and Part 2 is the more troublesome front panel MCU!! takes about 10 to 11 seconds.

Pls. let us know if you find any bugs, I've not tested this Beta...

Dom's currently working on improving the Bit perfect Test procedure (its a bit crude ATM).

By the way John....is an improved tolerance on the BitPerfect test supposed to be in this build? It still doesn't work for Sonos for me.

EDIT: We posted at the same time. Good to know Dom is working on this :)

Little Point, serial numbers will say very little - IAG production is too random... and I'm sure they where scrabbling around component sourcing for the first batches until "official" vendor channels come online...

I'm saying that there is no way to tell via Serial numbers or production date if the duff MCU is used - as IAG where unaware of the need to keep track of MCU Rev number - or even to that end that different MCU Rev numbers existed - it only came to light when we started investigating issues with updating the software.

Hi John

So is it just pot luck?

Has Wilky got back to you yet?

Hi John

So is it just pot luck?

Has Wilky got back to you yet?

:( sadly that about sums it up.

Off course we will now control future production batches - but who knows what crept into production before... I'd say your chance are about 2% to 5% (guessing).

Nothing from Dave yet...

John

By the way John....is an improved tolerance on the BitPerfect test supposed to be in this build? It still doesn't work for Sonos for me.

EDIT: We posted at the same time. Good to know Dom is working on this :)

Hi Jon,

Did you try the later Bit perfect test file that included a pause at the start of the track?

I'm not sure where it was posted... But I recall Dom posted a link.

John

Hi Jon,

Did you try the later Bit perfect test file that included a pause at the start of the track?

I'm not sure where it was posted... But I recall Dom posted a link.

John

Ah..I didn't know about that....could be hard to find it now buried in the forums but I will try and hunt it down.

Ah..I didn't know about that....could be hard to find it now buried in the forums but I will try and hunt it down.

When I speak to Dom next I'll ask him for the link.

Sorry I'm loosing track of things, I've got my head buried in the budget DAC and M-PAX etc...

Have Audiolab not put it up on there website yet?

John

My Mdac was purchased about a month back - I'd be willing to try the update also if that'll help narrow the problem batch(es?) down.

- John

When I speak to Dom next I'll ask him for the link.

Sorry I'm loosing track of things, I've got my head buried in the budget DAC and M-PAX etc...

Have Audiolab not put it up on there website yet?

John

I can't see any evidence of it on the Audiolab website unless I am missing it. I am glad you have your head buried in the M-PAX. Very much looking to your first feedback on the level of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back