advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, Thanks for the update. The Devdac spec is awesome I'm sure it will be excellent. It's a pity you have to junk the bare PCB boards but you do insist on being a perfectionist. The build quality of the boards looks neat and top class as usual to me...I guess the A04 pcbs are already on order.

Timola,

Thank you :)

PCB have not been ordered yet, we will order the new Streamer and DevDAC with there Solder stencils from China at the same time to reduce shipping costs - the shipping cost being higher then the stencils.

Jarek should completed the design update on the DevDAC PCB over the weekend.

The clock updates are complex and the available area on the PCB is rather constrained - so takes longer then normal to design.

You're welcome John. I hope they help you get the CM3s!

Hi John,

Have you had any luck sourcing the CM3's? If you've not had the time to do it, I can do it for you if you like? You'd just need to give me the details of your requirement.

Cheeers,
Bruce

Oh, do you have s scan you can kindly send me? - I have NO idea what they are saying about me!!!

I had an hour and half Skype interview - but no idea what was pickup from it - I did mention our PFM project :) ...

Oh, do you have s scan you can kindly send me? - I have NO idea what they are saying about me!!!

I had an hour and half Skype interview - but no idea what was pickup from it - I did mention our PFM project :) ...

My copy is from Zinio, so I can do a screen shot and email you.

Can you PM me your email?

sprite.png

No artificial colours, flavours or foo........:D

Like the MDAC 2 :)

Just in case anybody missed the Hifi Choice 'Feature' on our very own John Westlake.

I thinks it's just about readable if you 'squint' your eyes a little bit.

It was nice reading this as it ties in nicely with some of the conversation we had in Bristol at the beginning of year. I like the bit 'Britains' most individualistic digital designer' means we haven't lost him to the Czech Rep. yet!...:D:D:D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153016309@N02/shares/0jFg8r

Yes- we're all enjoying our detoxes and M-dac 2's -hasn't yours arrived?

Sorry I've been too busy acquainting myself with my FDAC and how it blows my Oppo away ;-)

Bought an SVS SB13 Subwoofer that is keeping myself amused ...but I still like to hear about what new challenge Mr Westlake is facing, not being sacastic here actually :)

Has time flown that quickly? I thought I'd just recently posted the pics of the Streamer PCB & DevDAC :)

Its been very busy...

The new reflow oven arrived to replace the useless underpowered larger oven I'd bought to handle VFET sized PCB's... the ovens tiny - but wil handle DevDAC, Streamer, Detox and maybe MDAC2.

For VFET and FDAC I'll have to purchase a larger oven - certainly a professional unit not this temporary Mickey Mouse affair!

To use the oven hardware and software modifications are required - I'd performed these only to discover the oven had a fault with its temperature sense circuits (I'd not tested it before the modifications) - it took a few days to resolve the issue (poor Chinese design)! I then need to wait for the components to arrive to modify the oven's design.

One of the modifications is to remove Masking tape used everywhere internally (which burns and smells during use) with Kapton tape:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypzd8ij6y47xlxb/Oven Kapton tape.JPG?dl=0

I've not yet characterised the ovens reflow profile (and thus optimised the reflow curve for our PCB's) - but during Ramp tests the oven is in a different league to the larger useless oven:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n6s2x79kgybmu3/Oven Profile.JPG?dl=0

During these week I'll be running a batch of PCB's - so lets see how it goes.

We are in the process of updating the MDAC2 streamer PCB and DevDAC design, I hope to issue the PCB files to China this week (to manufacture bare PCB's for production here in CZ) - we will order 12 Pcs. of each, two for internal use and 10 for the first PFM testers.

To add to my workload, both of our cars have died so I have to get atleast one going so that Renata can get to Uni.. just what I need at this time...

I'm assuming the ramp up and the very fast ramp down (1.5 minutes from 250 to 75) in temperature is good? BTW that display reminds me of something from the 80's, very large pixels...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back