advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pound is one of the most overvalued currencies in the world and will suffer next year as the Government ramps up spending cuts and uncertainty about Britain’s future in the EU weighs on growth.
Analysts at Deutsche Bank warned that the Bank of England may not be able to raise interest rates “at all” if Britain’s recovery slows.
It believes the pound could fall as low as $1.27 next year and $1.15 in 2017 from about $1.485 today if the US Federal Reserve continues to tighten monetary policy and the Bank of England leaves interest rates on hold.

This was written in 2015 !!

Sorry to keep spoiling the blame Brexit fans, told you so mentality.

The pound is one of the most overvalued currencies in the world and will suffer next year as the Government ramps up spending cuts and uncertainty about Britain’s future in the EU weighs on growth.
Analysts at Deutsche Bank warned that the Bank of England may not be able to raise interest rates “at all” if Britain’s recovery slows.
It believes the pound could fall as low as $1.27 next year and $1.15 in 2017 from about $1.485 today if the US Federal Reserve continues to tighten monetary policy and the Bank of England leaves interest rates on hold.

This was written in 2015 !!

Sorry to keep spoiling the blame Brexit fans, told you so mentality.

So is it purely coincidental that the pound collapsed to near historic lows against the US$ directly after the Briexit vote?

Its kinda like a the guy who presses the "Big Red Button" and minutes later the world blows-up but then denies it was anything to do with him having pressed the Big Red Button :) Oh man, is it not Trump who has the Big Red Button?

Anyway - I dont want this to become a Briexit thread, but to say that following britexit (which some say has nothing to do with the result of the vote) the pound has collapsed to US$1.2 from US$1.6 and we are doing everything to reduce the cost impact.

John, I thought you were using your own machines to make this in China? I'm guessing the QC was in China; if so why did they go ahead and send anyway....Anyway, it seems to me to be a minor issue and a fix should be possible, maybe a final polishing step is required.

I'm OK for a 15% price increase (I did vote Brexit after all).:)

Its has been rejected by QC in China - and our own CNC machines are on order, its China it takes time, you need local government approval etc... I've not seen the latest MKII Detox's in person yet...

The trouble is the post processing after CNC'ing which is done my outside vendors (Polishing, Ice blasting and anodizing)...

The machining lines have to be removed before the Ice blasting process & anodizing...

I'm leaving it to Petr our mechanical engineer to resolve.

So is it purely coincidental that the pound collapsed to near historic lows against the US$ directly after the Briexit vote?

No it was going to happen anyway, just a question of when, brexit was the catalyst for the inevitable reaction.

Both Deutsche Bank and the International Monetary Fund predicted this in 2015.

If Greece leaves the Euro in the next few weeks, I suspect that sterling will strengthen.

Great :) You cannot ask for better then that :)

Crystal arrived today, fitted and replaced two 470μF caps but sadly also spotted a duff 330μF (I think) and I don't have any.

I also finally built my Calex PSU and put my MDAC back in its case, it's been a mess for a long time, I finally have a switch so I no longer have to unplug the calex to power down.

Thanks John.

Now to catch up on todays posts in this thread.

No it was going to happen anyway, just a question of when, brexit was the catalyst for the inevitable reaction.

Both Deutsche Bank and the International Monetary Fund predicted this in 2015.

If Greece leaves the Euro in the next few weeks, I suspect that sterling will strengthen.

Seriously you factually be live this

Crystal arrived today, fitted and replaced two 470μF caps but sadly also spotted a duff 330μF (I think) and I don't have any.

I also finally built my Calex PSU and put my MDAC back in its case, it's been a mess for a long time, I finally have a switch so I no longer have to unplug the calex to power down.

Thanks John.

Now to catch up on todays posts in this thread.

Nick,

Great news :) does the DAC now work correctly?

Having memory trouble BE718?

My comment didnt undermine anything. It was simply factual, and its John that seems to be having the memory trouble.

However you are correct, I really should not engage in this, I said I wouldnt. Bit hard to avoid the thread though, amazingly popular and always high up the thread list.

Is it possible to put a whole thread on ignore? ;)

I guess they are aluminium foil versions, there used to be some NOS copper foil parts out there word on the street was they were somewhat better but never managed to find any at a value I could use. Maybe an option for FDAC :p

For MDAC2 PSU decoupling duty's we will use PS caps manufactured in Taiwan as we use a significant Qty. - I met with the vendor on my last trip to Asia.

For the more critical Audio LPF I'm working with a UK based vendor for custom parts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back