advertisement

MDAC First Listen (Part 00101001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now get in the shoes of somebody like JohnW. Would you really go try changing the world to use Ethernet (or whatever network streaming) for connecting DACs or would you just use the best tool available *now*? Would you rather develop your own protocols, locking your customers to your solutions (and having to support multiple OS versions, hello microsoft), or would you just use a widespread standard?

(And the best part is that Ethernet doesn't even get you the benefits some here preach - compared to USB, it only breaks the DC path, all the nasty RFI and jitter are still there!)

None of the above says that it's impossible or that USB is technologically better - it's simply much easier to use in the existing software ecosystem.
Sorry for such long post, I hope it sheds some light on why the world is not so simple. :)

Jiri

Jiri:

I wasn't advocating that John should incorporate a dlna client in FDAC. I understand his situation. And I certainly would not expect him to develop his own protocols. I was just responding to the implication that USB is all we have and that ethernet-based systems are complex to setup. Mine is simple, works well, and sounds good.

- Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back