advertisement

Masterchef, portion size

I think this is a relatively modern, and arguably sexist, affectation of French origin.
Not modern or sexist in the French version. Chef just means "chief" and the full title is "chef de cuisine" meaning kitchen chief or possibly cookery chief. Nothing sexist there, it just reflects whos in charge.

Not modern or sexist in the French version. Chef just means "chief" and the full title is "chef de cuisine" meaning kitchen chief or possibly cookery chief. Nothing sexist there, it just reflects whos in charge.

Exactly, a chef is a supervisor or a manager, which is why you can be a great cook, but not a chef.

Yes I know, but I think it misses the point.

They're all Köche to me.

After you have had your main meal you should feel stuffed (unless dieting). Then you don't need a sweet or any snacks apart from maybe some fruit later on. Same goes for lunch but not to the truly stuffed level of food intake. Then you don't need to snack on crisps, biscuits, cakes or any such non essential and fattening foodstuffs.

The fact that the average person in England sits on their bum for 5 hours a day in the house after work doesn't help either.

Think they made a mistake tonight dropping Matt. He's the most inventive and original cook they have had for years, the other guys are great but all cut from the same cloth.

Excellent Chris, will explore this whole genre when I have time.

I saw her live in Paris and the audience went absolutely nuts. Fantastic concert, mind you she came on stage about two hours late and people were getting very annoyed. The first song started and all that was forgotten.

Wonder if she could be persuaded to make a Christmas single, freshen up this time of the stalest of stale music.

Think they made a mistake tonight dropping Matt. He's the most inventive and original cook they have had for years, the other guys are great but all cut from the same cloth.
The Mrs was gutted.
The trios of semi-finalists were unevenly divided imo. Last night's stronger than tonight's. The standard this year is high. Tom was a shock exit in the last round (suckling pig fella).

The trios of semi-finalists were unevenly divided imo. Last night's stronger than tonight's. The standard this year is high. Tom was a shock exit in the last round (suckling pig fella).

We agree and we thought that had Matt been in the second trio he may have got through.

advertisement

Back