1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Markus Sauer RIP.

Discussion in 'reference' started by merlin, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mykel

mykel Perpetual Hack

Bugger.

RIP - you will be missed.

2. joel

joel mojo working

Markus was a friend, both online and offline. I will miss him greatly.

3. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

I only knew him through these pages, but obviously a gentleman.

We will miss him.

4. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

What a shock - I didn't know him other than through his postings here but a true gent and both very helpful and knowledgeable.

May you continue to hear sweet music in another place....

5. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

Sorry to hear that

6. Svein

Svein pfm Member

Rip Markus S.

7. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

We both had our first child at the same time. Spent a lot of time talking about the 'change'. Devastating news for his family. RIP. We'll all miss you Markus.

8. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

Damn.

I had the privilege of meeting Markus, and it was something we were going to do again sometime.

9. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Very sad news. My sincere condolences to Markus' family. RIP.

10. Re-Joyce

Re-Joyce ... Jason H that is.

Terrible news.
    Markus was a man I massively respected, always fair, a gentleman. Only meeting him once was not enough.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Jason

11. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

RIP Markus. I enjoyed his 'moderating' influence.

12. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

RIP and my profound sympathies to his family and those who knew him personally.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can is the lesson for us all.

13. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Imagineer

Gosh I'm shocked. I only knew the on-line Markus and I didn't know he was unwell, but we will all miss his wisdom and calmness here.

So thanks Markus, and my thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time for them.

14. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

This is terrible news. My deepest condolences to his family.

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Markus, I really enjoyed reading his posts. I always thought of him as progressive, open minded and an all round nice guy.

He will be missed

Lefty

15. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

My deepest condolences to his family.
    He was always a calm voice in a sometimes very noisy place.

Simon

16. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Damn, he seemed like a completely decent guy. Condolences to all those who knew him well, he certainly left a good impression with me, I had no idea he was so ill.

17. Dev

Dev pfm Member

Shocking news. Such a calm and decent guy. My condolences to his family.

18. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

RIP Markus.

19. markt

markt hello

So sorry to hear this, such an intelligent and thoughtful voice here for many years.

20. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I could not say it any better than this.