advertisement

Making the classifieds a safer environment....

I am a very new member and I am now facing the same problem. I genuinely wanna sell me cd player but I have to come up with 10 posts before I can do it. I can understand the logic behind it but it's still a pain

Furthermore, looks like even if I give other members free bumps they wont count as my posts? Do I have to join some sort of discussion to get to 10 and then sell my gears?

Hi, I see logic in the minimum post requirement for placing a for sale add.

But!, i have still been given the runaround by so called, respected members, with many posts!

You know who you are!

Usually i am more interested in trying to find a piece of gear, and not being able to place a wanted add is a little frustrating.

Oh well, you just need to post more!:)

Rather than Edit my above post, i though i would add,

I have had some great deals, and met some great members, some of which have remained friends, all through the classifieds.

But certainly the number of posts has had no bearing on the integrity of the deal, or the seller!

:D

Hi,
I have been a member on here for years although rarely visit.
I have some cables to list but find i am unable to open a new thread, i thought perhaps some members may appreciate the chance to buy them without the hassle of ebay?
I have sold on here before, Stax headphones a couple of years back. Has the policy changed? If so is there a way round it.

jasonski73, robob3, there is now a rule that you have to have posted 50 times outside the classifieds before you can sell, no matter how long you've been a member.

Hi, I am a member for two and half years. I remember I posted “wanted” thread and I left feedback on "the good guys sticky" two years ago. I find now I can't psot new "wanted" thread and I need 50 posts, my suggestion is if a member is more than one or two years, the minimal post request can be decreased? Such as three month 50 posts and one year 40 posts and above two years 30 posts?

Thanks.

Hi, I am a member for two and half years. I remember I posted “wanted” thread and I left feedback on "the good guys sticky" two years ago. I find now I can't psot new "wanted" thread and I need 50 posts, my suggestion is if a member is more than one or two years, the minimal post request can be decreased? Such as three month 50 posts and one year 40 posts and above two years 30 posts?

Thanks.

But surely this Forum/website ought to have generated more input from you than 36 posts in 2 1/2 years? It is,after all, only as interesting as we/you make it. Without that input you wouldn't have a site to post you Wanted ad on.( for free )

Looked at another way.. you are only 14 posts away from the 50. How about entertaining us? ;)

There appears to be a recurring theme here which is a reflection of the sad demise of community spirit almost everywhere one looks.

PFM is a community; if you want the full range of benefits on offer is it not reasonable to expect meaningful and regular contributions to the community?

There appears to be a recurring theme here which is a reflection of the sad demise of community spirit almost everywhere one looks.

PFM is a community; if you want the full range of benefits on offer is it not reasonable to expect meaningful and regular contributions to the community?

Er, yes.

I agree with the emerging views in the last fews posts.

I wonder whether it shouldn't be 50 posts a year, averaged out. It doesn't make any sense to say you've been a member for 5 years but only post once every couple of months. I've been a member for 8 years and average 3 posts a week, a fairly modest contribution buy the standards of others.

This is for Tony to decide, but my view is that we is are an on line community of consumers and traders who share a passion for hi fi, music, photography, classic kit, who also tend to have strong opinions on just about anything you could mention. It is a cranky and quirky community at times but we share the fact that we check in most weeks, share our views and occasionally help each other move on bits of kit, find new misc or find ways to spend money our loved ones would rather us keep in our accounts.

The 50 benchmark, as we've seen a few times, leads to people rushing to 50 posts in unseemly haste in order to get some free sales space.

It's great to have new people, new sellers and new ideas and views and let's keep the doors open to keep the site fresh and welcome newcomers with open arms but surely that engagement should be the precondition to selling.

Personally, i am finding the 50 post rule inconvenient just now.
I read pfm every day and have paid in the past a lot of money for 1) a Canon EOS 5D Mkii and 2) a Nakamichi Dragon.
Just now I am wondering if this post will get me to the magic number of 50 posts, as I want to put in wanted ad for Sony CDP-CX355 in vg condition ("blush"!).
I bet several of you guys have put them away in the loft - neatly boxed, of course.

The bottom line is that Tony owns this forum and it's underlying purpose is to support his record selling business - not to provide free classifieds for all and sundry. As I understand it, the classifieds section is just included as a convenience for members - meaning people who foremost contribute to the forum and may also occasionally wish to buy and/or sell something; for such members 50 posts should be easily achievable.

OK, thanks. I will read it.
I have read the vinyl for sale stuff at times. I bought my first albums in 1964 and still have most of what I ever bought.

I have found that it is best for me to avoid debate about audio on internet forums, hence my low number of recent posts.

As a 68-year old, with overview to match, I find the involved communities seem to contain an above-average paranoid membership.
More balanced views on here, so far, I have found when looking at the odd thread.

advertisement

Back