advertisement

MAGICO A3 ENTRY LEVEL (FOR THEM!) SPEAKERS

Heard Magico speaker a few times now at shows and thought they were pretty good, really enjoy the lack of artifacts and self noise from alloy speakers.
These seem to have a fair bit of engineering in them just like the more expensive models...

$9800 or £9800 ;), Infinite baffle too.

Even thought they aren't inexpensive, it's good to see a company making their speakers a little more accessible as some of their models are in the six figure price bracket.

Highs: 1" MB7 Beryllium Dome (X1)
Midrange: 6” Midrange Graphene Nano Tec (X1)
Bass driver: 7” Bass Graphene Nano Tec (X2)
Sensitivity: 88dB
Impedance: 4 ohms
Frequency Response: 22Hz – 50 kHz
Minimum Recommended power: 50 Watts
Dimensions: 44”H x 11”D x 9.25”W (112cm x 27cm x 23cm)
Weight: 110 lbs. (50 Kg)

a3_pr_1.jpg

a3_duo_42016.jpg

a3_pr_1.jpg

gosh , thats cheap for a magico , are you sure thats the price ?? i was looking at some lovely q1 the other day at 8k s/h but these look fabulous and if the price is correct make them much more accessible

gosh , thats cheap for a magico , are you sure thats the price ?? i was looking at some lovely q1 the other day at 8k s/h but these look fabulous and if the price is correct make them much more accessible

Yeah says so in the press release from Magico, of course when they get to the UK they might be a lot more expensive, but i don't see why they should be...

SRP US $ 9,800.00/pair - Black ONLY Brushed Aluminum Finish
Ship date: 1st Quarter 2018

http://magico.net/Marketing/Press_Release_A3.php

Alon Wolf (i think that's his name!?) should be applauded, let's hope he can keep up with demand!

yes , we shall see about the price , we normally have to pay over the odds but talking to guys over there they have to pay a premium too . one british speaker in uk costing 3.5k is $6000 over there

Shirley it should be about strait $ to £s conversion, (unless some arse of a distributor decides to really rip people off) ,that's normal for many things now the pound is worth so little, hopefully they'll keep making these A3's, if you look at what price a lot of high end speakers are comparable Wilsons etc, these are are a game changing product in some ways i suppose when you consider a B&W 802 D3 is $22,000 (or £16,000 in the UK).

Last edited:
yes , we shall see about the price , we normally have to pay over the odds but talking to guys over there they have to pay a premium too . one british speaker in uk costing 3.5k is $6000 over there
Imported products inevitably have more shipping cost plus an importer margin on top of the dealer's, whichever country it is imported into.

Would like to hear these. To date, all the Magicos I've heard have sounded like technology and not like music, but happy to give them another try. Possibly like Focal Arias, these new boxes might be the most musical in the range!

Reactions: jy3
The specs looks great.
What kind of porting he used on the woofers? 22hz at -3db seems too good to be true.

The specs looks great.
What kind of porting he used on the woofers? 22hz at -3db seems too good to be true.

They are infinite baffle, yes it's an interesting amount of extension for a speaker of this volume, 60 litres or so? with none active EQ? Looks a reasonable size for a UK room, where does it say -3db? I'd have thought it was -6 or -12.

They must have shit sensitivity if that -3db at 22hz is true. My money is that being RAR rather than anechoic.

Measurements for earlier Magico V3.

This is the above speakers anechoic response, i don't doubt the slower roll off of the infinite baffle contributes to the extended response in room.

@ SQ, looking at the review of they're other speakers they are usually accurate on the claimed sensitivity, although i wouldn't be surprised if you needed an "arc welder" of an amp to get the best out of them!

Of course its all just speculation i suppose the new A3 must be close to being the speakers the S3 is (see below) with simpler construction and a less nice of a finish.

508Magfig3.jpg

S3 Mkii...

201707_m3mk2_2up.jpg

The A3...

a3_duo_4.jpg

Mmmm, room averaged response measurements explains the high bass output without trading poor sensitivity. I wonder what they are anechoic 28-30hz @-3db?

I'd have also though that using an extrusion, as are the S3 below would have been a cheaper way of making the speaker, than bolting together separate panels (depending how long it takes to bolt together!) as is the A3.

S3

MAGICO%20S3%20Extrusions.jpg

A3 construction.

20171211164134_2017-12-11_MagicoA3_inside_(400x453).jpg

advertisement

Back