advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Rubykon LP12 sub-chassis looks very impressive Andrew!

It's nice to see a good deal of choice at varying price points for the good old LP12.

Best of luck with your new business venture!

John R.

I'm amazed that you say the Keel is cheaper to manufacture, when it looks like this is cut from aluminium sheet and then stuck together. Very little machining required.

Cheers

Graham

I'm amazed that you say the Keel is cheaper to manufacture, when it looks like this is cut from aluminium sheet and then stuck together. Very little machining required.

Cheers

Graham

Two processes for the Keel; machining and finishing

Four for the RubiKon, CNC, glueing, painting and assembly.

I dont think there will be much in it but the CNC company thought that they could make the keel for less then the RubiKon.

However I don't want to get hung up on the Keel/price thing. Its which sounds best that counts.

Dear sq225917,

I think you will find he did:

"FWIW the CNC company looked at the Klone/Keel and reckoned they could make those for sub £100 in batches, the RubiKon is more to make! BUT we think that the RubiKon is actualy a more elegent solution to the LP12 subchassis than either of those. If it sounds better than the Keel................."

Hi Andrew,

I totally agree with you that it's the outcome that counts. However, I feel that your CNC company is being a little disingenuos when it comes to making a Keel for less than £100.

I will be very interested in listening to it. Might make a trip to York over Christmas if thats OK with you.

Cheers

Graham

Problem is if you don't account for it from day 1 then at some point your products are going to go up by 17.5%.

Cheers

Graham

He didn't say the Keel was cheaper to manufacture, he said that they told him that they thought they could make a clone of the Keel for less than they are charging Andrew for the Rubykon. The two are very different statements.

Making something for a price, and telling someone who doesn't want it that you are going to charge them more for what they do want are very different things. Almost as different as the Rubykon is to the Keel.

Problem is if you don't account for it from day 1 then at some point your products are going to go up by 17.5%.
It's nearer 17.5% of your profit than a straight 17.5%.

Unless you plan to sell via dealers I would avoid registration until you are forced to. It's a free price advantage.

Paul

and remember it's vat out minus vat in, so it actually equates to about 8% of the final sale price depending on markup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back