advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be VERY interested in this...my LP12 hasn't been upgraded for 10 years (fully loaded at the time), and needs a cost-effective 'tlc' upgrade.

Theo.

I think that when it all comes together its going to be rather special.

Probably not realistically available until 2nd QTR next year.

I have the design infront of me. Going to get my mate, the ex Chief Engineer of the RFA to make up a couple of prototypes for us to hear......

It's exciting.

RIP Ken my good friend.

I don't want to sidetrack your thread, but has anybody tried a Linn subchassis with the arm mounted on a separate fixed board (ie not bouncing with the subchassis)?

Is it made of squashed caps of a certain brand? Anyway, enough of this fannying about. Focus on those shoeboxes man.

Is it made of squashed caps of a certain brand? Anyway, enough of this fannying about. Focus on those shoeboxes man.

Shoeboxes are very much 'focused'. Just waiting for painted examples to arrive. The case itself is 100% spot on.

Why so? The arms bearings should cope with any small relative movements of the sub-chassis, and big bounces cause jumps anyway.

It might not work, I just think it's something that ought to be tried.

I don't want to sidetrack your thread, but has anybody tried a Linn subchassis with the arm mounted on a separate fixed board (ie not bouncing with the subchassis)?

My bet is it would sound like Vic Reeves doing his 'pub singer' thing.

Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back