advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon'

Status
Not open for further replies.
First design drawing completed, looking sweet as!

"Ru·bi·kon (rb-kn)
n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment."

i.e once tried you wont go back.

Hint 1: It won't fit in a NAIM shoebox case.

Small starved-but-professional army under control of a megalomaniac dreaming of becoming Dictator For Life of a republic?

[size=-2](Possibly a bit literal in my interpretation, I suppose...)[/size]

Hmm... 'keelhauled'. Essence on the 'keel' bit?

Bingo!

Its not a Keel copy like the Greenstreet one. We have some new ideas for an LP12 subchassis. This will approximate the 'energy' transfer of the Keel but improve the various mechanical couplings of the whole subchassis/bearing/arm system.

We believe that the energy transfer in the subchassis is the key to the Keels' superb sound. We want that with knobs on!

I will be testing the prototype soon and assuming its as good as we think it will be it will be moved on for production engineering.

We are aiming for a product that, logo apart, will look identical to an LP12 armboard when viewed from the outside. The fit and finish will be exemplary as I strongly believe that, for good or bad, the LP12 is an aspirational product. Anything that becomes part of an LP12 has to look as good (if not better) than something Linn would produce.

It will be nicely boxed with comprehensive instructions with full serial number tracking. I want the whole research, buying, fitting and listening experience to be slick and professional. It won't be 'cheap' but it will be good value against a Keel.

Stay tuned for the prototype review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back