advertisement

LP12 Service Recommendation Hull Area?

May I be cheeky and ask what I could expect to have to spend?

The only spending I did on mine (all the slate work was done by me apart from the straight cuts) was bearing and PTP. The bearing was done by Jolyon De Fossard who is a top bloke and a very fine engineer - he's easily findable on Lenco Heaven as is Peter Reinders who makes the PTP. I had to go for the 5 as the only solution for the specific size of slate I had and the separate arm board design (which was of necessity). There were a range of PTPs to go for and I'm assuming they're still available.

As it was a good few years ago I can't remember the actual cost but it wasn't more than a few hundred. Easily covered by the sale of my LP12/Lingo which also paid for a Midas ESCo 103 and several more Lencos (when they used to cost bugger all). I kept the Ittok, as you can see.

I'm not making great claims for this deck, and it's only 33 rpm at the minute (my choice as I don't have any 45s). I have the bits for a Nigel speed controller which I haven't been arsed to put together (apparently they really do a lot for the performance too).

One thing I am delighted by is I no longer need to think about the next upgrade. The LP12 always had me eyeing the next improvement and it was only poverty induced by a recent career change that stopped me in my tracks. The Lenco just sits there and does the job. The only subsequent upgrades have been treating the Ittok to the J7 magic and a "new" Goldring Karma.

I must state that I had 20+ happy years with my LP12 and the direction I took in no way detracts from what a good deck it is. And if you're so minded the LP12 can be taken as far as you want to go.

advertisement

Back