advertisement

LP12 Service Recommendation Hull Area?

(Andrew, forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn):

I would certainly take up Flatpopely's offer. There is nothing he doesn't know about the LP12 (he was part of the team that created one of the best after-market upgrades). I'm sure he'd do a better and more careful job than most dealers who would have a 3 figure sum off you. Probably, he'd charge nothing (but perhaps you should make sure you left him with something very good quality in the drinking department). He's an out-and-out LP12 enthusiast. Recommended without hesitation.

If you want a valhalla, bonded type subchassis and later laminated armbord cut for Linn arms, I have left over from last years rebuild, let me know. was going to fleabay them, but never got round to it. The valhalla is recapped btw.
Just seen your pics, looks like it has valhalla and armboard already, still, if anyone else can use em, let me know!

Definitely speak to Flatpopely, just in case you may need a spare part, sure he'll do as good a job if not better than a dealer.

Thank you for all the advice I really appreciate it , Flatpopely thank you very much for your offer of direct help, there's some incredibly kind people in hi if circles.

Baby oil works a treat on SS, as well a proprietary cleaner give it a try. I'm 15 miles from you and I have a box of LP12 spares in my loft. Not promising but might be able to help you out, send me a PM if you any thing.

(Andrew, forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn):

I would certainly take up Flatpopely's offer. There is nothing he doesn't know about the LP12 (he was part of the team that created one of the best after-market upgrades). I'm sure he'd do a better and more careful job than most dealers who would have a 3 figure sum off you. Probably, he'd charge nothing (but perhaps you should make sure you left him with something very good quality in the drinking department). He's an out-and-out LP12 enthusiast. Recommended without hesitation.

Thanks Nic!

I'm going to take a look for Wayne and let him know, what if anything, needs replacing.

I've done 4 or 5 decks for pfm members in the past and it so nice to see their expressions when they put on some vinyl on the old fruit box!

Cleaned the stainless with Barkeepers Friend as had a couple of hours this morning , looking at the tarnished surface every day was getting to me!. Bearing covered with cling film and wrapped with a little masking tape.

https://imgur.com/a/0LNhb

Superb set of pictures posted at the link, really show those who haven't got much of an idea about the LP12s parts under the hood what it consists of.

Ordered some bits today for Wayne's deck:-

Oil
Springs and grommets
Caps for Valhalla board.

Cleaned motor pulley........that took some time!

Pics added to folder tomorrow.

Thanks FlatP, braces were later than I thought/Valhalla earlier. There is an error in the Wiki page, I remember one of my LP12s, a very early s/n 1156 from about 1973, had a rocker switch plus LED on switch, Wiki says this didn't come in until s/no 2000.

That was a really nice deck, but you can't keep them all. I did leave the original 3009 on it for originality reasons when I sold it, because I couldn't bring myself to rape a collectors' item for the sake of a few quid. Still did OK, I've owned 4 now and made a few bob on them all.

advertisement

Back