advertisement

[FS] Linn Sara

dalryc

pfm Member
A pair of good condition early Sara (identified by lack of branding on the tweeter).
They have been hard wired into the crossover with 5 meter QED X-Tube OFC-40 Aircore cables and terminated with QED Airlock bananas.

The are physically intact with new grills and only minor scratches/staining of the cabinet.

I bought them out of curiosity and use them as centre channel with Isobarik mains, LS3/5a rears, and two BK XXLS400-DF subs. It all sounded terrific, though I didn't have enough 5.1 content to justify them with an imminent stereo system upgrade.

I'm asking for £300 and local pickup from G84 0QW.

pic uploader

That’s one way around the xlr connectors. Not necessarily the most obvious way around the issue of connectivity but whatever works. Saves hacking the cabinets about. Are the xlr’s “gutted” to allow the speaker cable to pass through or does the cable just terminate within the xlr housing?

I was the second owner of these - the original owner had the work performed a purchase time I think.
I took a look a while ago and the cable goes through the cannons and the back of the cable and (I guess) terminates on the crossover.

I wondered if they’d connected them within the xlrs for ease of termination, to connect to the crossover the whole front panel assembly cw/ drivers would have to come out & then be sealed up upon re-fitment, something of a ball-ache. Sara’s almost seem as if they were designed to be as physically difficult as possible to disassemble.

I'm pretty sure I saw an official dealer guide on how to dismantle them.
Even with that, it seemed to be quite a hack to get the drivers out - not the sort of thing you'd do unless you had some training.

Access to the crossover is a faff even beyond that of replacing drivers. Difficult speakers to work on if anything needs fixing (or if a rush of blood makes you decide to convert them from passive to active operation) but well worth it.

advertisement

Back