advertisement

Link s.cap to snaxo

Myself and our other engineer John worked at the factory from the late 80's to the late 90's. We were in the test and service department so we got to know everything inside and out. We used to implement test procedures and automate the testing process as well as doing all the repairs. Naturally when it came to making our own kit we made a few improvements here and there.

Hello,

Do you have any plans to be a Naim authorised service centre such as Creative Audio, Darran at Class A, etc. Do you look at Linn CD players, that would be ideal since Linn do not support

Thanks

Myself and our other engineer John worked at the factory from the late 80's to the late 90's. We were in the test and service department so we got to know everything inside and out. We used to implement test procedures and automate the testing process as well as doing all the repairs. Naturally when it came to making our own kit we made a few improvements here and there.
Sorry but me and John is not enough info for me.
You could of both been the tea boys that moved the jars of Marmite around on the tables ?
If you are true and have nothing to hide Give us your full names .

Sorry but me and John is not enough info for me.
You could of both been the tea boys that moved the jars of Marmite around on the tables ?
If you are true and have nothing to hide Give us your full names .

All this is on our website by the way if anyone cares to look. Look at our Facebook group for regular updates and pictures of us at work both at Witch Hat and at Naim, find an old copy of HiFi from 1992 - I've a huge one page photo in there testing a CDS. Read some our posts on here.

Now I don't know what it's like at Naim currently, but it used to be the way that everyone started at the bottom and worked up through departments to their position. It means that, for example, everyone in test and service has tested the components, made the boards, made the sub assemblies, wired the finished unit and tested the result.

At the time Beryl moved the Marmite around. I hope that answers your question.

Hello,

Do you have any plans to be a Naim authorised service centre such as Creative Audio, Darran at Class A, etc. Do you look at Linn CD players, that would be ideal since Linn do not support

Thanks

If we were to become Naim Authorised we'd have to stop working with selected valued partners, stop making our own cables, stop fixing older Naim CD players, stop modifying kit to customer's requests, stop offering upgrades, and stop choosing our own components.

I can't see that happening.

Haha got my vote.
What's the best number to call you guys on.
I'd like to discuss a few things and try to arrange a date
Cheers

At the time Beryl moved the Marmite around.

I trust that, being a Naimee, she moved that Marmite with great style, not to mention Pace, Rhythm and Timing. :D

BTW Mark, nice job with my Headline. No more crackly pot! Ta.

You deserve a most patient lil' fish of the year award :)

Quite! All very well doing your research though - as did I before visiting to entrust Mark with a pair of NAP160s a few years back. For what it's worth the quality of the work exceeded a similar item I had serviced by a Naim-approved agent.

Hi Barry
I don't mean to trash this thread, was only way of getting in touch with you...

I was trawling through PFM, when I noticed you were using a Tresham Audio setup way back...wondered if you still had it, and if you were considering selling it in the near future?
I've been looking for one of these for ages...
and sorry if I seem forward, just thought I'd ask.

All the best
Don

Yes, one supercap can power an 82 through both power sockets (3 if you count the digital supply). Only 4 of the 12 audio regulators are in use in this configuration, and the SNAXO can use the rest. All the earths meet at the supercap, there's no extra connections between power supplies and it removes up to 2 hicaps and a NAPSC. That and our cabling technique of keeping the power and signal separate still resulted in a very clean and dynamic setup and far fewer boxes. It was an enormous improvement.

This is very interesting to me as well. Presumably the same custom cable would work with a Teddy SuperCap as well ?

CHE

It should work with any power supply that's functionally and electrically equivalent to a Supercap.

We've only done this the once so far, we're now concentrating on giving the 82 more rails instead.

advertisement

Back