advertisement

Line Magnetic

wacko

pfm Member
For a company that makes very interesting products, some of the affordable, there seems to be very little chatter. And even fewer reviews.
Anybody got a view on any of the products ?

I've listened to & liked their take on the WE555 compression driver. They also do an impressive reproduction of the WE755 driver but with a field coil powered magnet so deviating somewhat from the original. I don't think anyone in the UK distributes the electronics because they don't have CE compliance but they've appeared to be nicely made whenever I've seen them at Munich.

Surely they must have CE compliance to sell anywhere in europe?

Maybe they don`t get reviews because they don`t dish out freebies and have enough custom without?

The 518ia is the best amp I've ever owned and probably my favorite piece of audio gear. I sold it to downsize for a few years while my kid goes through toddlerhood, but I'll definitely be buying the same amp again.

I have the 219ia. It is very refined sounding with powerful bass and it produces a holographic soundstage. The tubes are very expensive, though. Oh, and it's horrifyingly heavy. Although it can drive some rather daunting speakers from a SET perspective, it can run out of steam so, needless to say, speaker matching is important. I presently have it running into some Omega full range speakers (Super 3i with subs) but they aren't exactly my cup of tea. I will replace them sometime in the future. Prior to that I had Sonus faber Liuto Monitors.

The picture around the back of one of their amplifiers appears to use the "China Export" symbol, which is almost identical to the Conformité Européenne CE symbol.

This is the amp:
915magnetic.bac.jpg

See here for more on the difference between the symbols: https://cemarking.net/chinese-export/

Andrew

now i have never heard of line magnetic till the birmingham show and since then i have seen then mentioned in so many places in shows and reviews . funny how bringing something to your attention makes you notice them

they had these at the brum show amongst lots of other stuff

https://www.line-magnetic.eu/produi...m-812-enceintes-haut-rendement-2-voies-detail

then i read some stuff on here

http://www.audioshark.org/line-magnetic-177/new-line-magnetic-508ia-10116.html

http://www.audioshark.org/line-magnetic-177/any-thoughts-lm-503pa-monoblocks-10220.html

I've owned the 518 for a few years now and absolutely love it. Kept it over a Leben CS600 and a Shindo Aurieges/Montille CV391 set up. It has an amazing full bodied sound and has enough power for any music I throw at it, even though the specs are 22W (it is a SET Class A amp).

I previously owned the 216IA which I also loved. Excellent value for the money. That worked really well in conjunction with the Quad ESL 63 USA monitors that I used to have.

I have the LM-215 CD player and have no plans to replace it. It has re-ignited my interest in finding good CDs and adding to my collection. I no longer feel that my vinyl set up dominates my listening. Engaging, clear and non-fatiguing sound.

I've owned the 518 for a few years now and absolutely love it. Kept it over a Leben CS600 and a Shindo Aurieges/Montille CV391 set up. It has an amazing full bodied sound and has enough power for any music I throw at it, even though the specs are 22W (it is a SET Class A amp).

I previously owned the 216IA which I also loved. Excellent value for the money. That worked really well in conjunction with the Quad ESL 63 USA monitors that I used to have.

I had the 216ia as well. It blew away a Conrad Johnson MV60SE I had at the time. The output transformer used to get really hot but I was told this is normal.

What speakers do you use with the 518?

I had the 216ia as well. It blew away a Conrad Johnson MV60SE I had at the time. The output transformer used to get really hot but I was told this is normal.

What speakers do you use with the 518?

I'm currently using the 518 with DeVore Orangutan O/93s and I find it to be a perfect match. Though I am intrigued with how the new Tannoy Arden Legacy would match up with the 518.

I'm currently using the 518 with DeVore Orangutan O/93s and I find it to be a perfect match. Though I am intrigued with how the new Tannoy Arden Legacy would match up with the 518.

Sonnovabitch, I didn’t need to see those Tannoys

Thanks. I've heard only good things about the DeVores. I was considering the Eaton, actually, but I am being distracted by other new speakers presently. :)

advertisement

Back