1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

leonard cohen @ the 02

Discussion in 'music' started by johnhunt, Jul 18, 2008.

1. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

anybody else saw the fantastic show last night?

2. Eutropius

Eutropius Active Member

Yep, best gig I've been to for a long time. Have wanted to see him for a long time, it was worth every penny I spent on the tickets for me and my gal.
    My high points? 'Hallelujah' and 'If it be your will'- the girls harmonising on the latter brought tears to my eyes, just incredible.
    Top band playing with him too, wish he didn't feel the need to keep reminding us who they were though!

3. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

yes it was quite emotional and agree that it was best show i've seen for ages. yes, the band was great and sound was pretty good too. i left a litttle early as i didn't fancy a hours wait at north greeenwich to get on a train, what were the encores?

4. Eutropius

Eutropius Active Member

Mate, you missed out-I think there was something like four encores, he just kept on skipping off and then coming back again. I was really surprised at how efficiently so many people got out so quickly afterwards, we got straight onto a tube and weren't crushed either! It can be done, even in Britain!
    The encore songs I can recall included So Long, Sisters, Manhatten, the above duet by The Webb Sisters, Closing Time, I tried To Leave You

5. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

bollocks

i had a chat with one of the security blokes there who was telling that it was horrible on the way out.

nevermind

6. Michael L

Michael L Banned

I saw Mr. Cohen in 1978 or so, amazing gig and recorded as Wing Commander Cohen. A very, very well recorded live album.

And I've just bought tix for november - hurrah!

7. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

you're showing your age

8. domfjbrown

domfjbrown pfm Member

I saw him at Glasto; lucky barsteward housemates should be back from O2 gig roughly as I type this, so will find out what it was like from them. Couldn't afford to see him twice!

9. Eutropius

Eutropius Active Member

I think everyone was last night :)