advertisement

[FS] Leica Digilux 2 digital camera, boxed, mint, with everything it had when new.

PeteM

Supreme being
I am selling my little-used, magnesium-bodied, Leica Digilux 2.

It is in mint condition, boxed, and has all the bits it came with originally (user manual, lens hood, charger, setup CDs etc). The lens had a Leica UVA filter fitted on day one for protection, it's still there and is included in the sale. It comes from a non-smoking pet household etc.

I've owned the camera from new when it cost me around £1,200.

Included is a quality after-market hand-stitched leather case and a spare battery.

Asking just £400 for this classic.

If you're not familiar, here's a description of the Digilux 2 I found on the interweb:

The new LEICA DIGILUX 2 camera combines the best of two worlds.

With the LEICA DIGILUX 2, Leica Camera AG, Solms, presents a high-performance digital reportage camera for ‘traditional photography’. It is the first Leica digital camera that can be operated like a professional analogue camera: the crucial photographic parameters such as focus, aperture, shutter speed, and focal length can be set using rings on the lens and a shutter speed dial, as on a classic reflex camera. In addition to its convenient automatic functions the LEICA DIGILUX 2 thus combines creative freedom and the familiar handling of traditional cameras. “Just like photography with the legendary Leica coupled rangefinder cameras, the LEICA DIGILUX 2 concentrates on what is essential. The camera’s basic functions are simple and intuitive to master and provide an optimum basis for individual digital photography with a personal touch“, says Markus Ring, Compact Cameras Product Manager at Leica Camera AG.

The new compact camera is notable for its high-speed LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 7-22,5 mm f/2.0-2.4 ASPH. zoom lens, which covers a focal length range comparable to 28 to 90 mm in the 35 mm system. The 2/3-inch image sensor is extremely large and gives a resolution of five million pixels. Each individual pixel has a size of 3.4 µm thus has more surface than is normal in this class of digital cameras. Larger pixels can register the light more quickly and therefore reduce errors such as interference. “The combination of the high optical quality of the Leica lens and what is currently the largest sensor area per pixel in this class of digital cameras leads to extremely high picture quality“, adds Markus Ring. The markedly short shutter release delay means that the camera is outstandingly well suited for quick and spontaneous shots.

Photos (of the camera!) available on request, just pm me if interested.

Cheers and thanks for looking :).

Is this still available? I would be interested. Not sure how to PM but if you can send me photos that would be great.

Hi,

Yes, it's still available.

I don't know how to add photos here, but if you'd like to email me at petermallinder "at" hotmail "dot" com, I'll reply with some photos and more details.

Cheers,

Peter

P.S. "PM" stands for personal message, you basically click on the other person's name (below their avatar) then choose the "start a conversation" option from the new window. It changed recently and we're all getting used to it too ...

The camera looks fab - as do the photos it takes. My only worry is that technology and picture quality has moved on in recent years ....... But I'm still contemplating this camera . I want a decent quality compact zoom up to £500 to replace my ageing Panasonic LUMIX TZ-9.

GLWTS

advertisement

Back