advertisement

Leak TL/50 plus

Raoul Duke

pfm Member
Just purchased this beauty from a local chap here in South Africa.. it came from an old cabinet and unfortunately the KT88s got broken in transport :(

Amplifier is otherwise in very nice untouched original condition. From my research this would seem to be around 1959 vintage (before paint colour changed) The TL/50 plus was apparently also the last valve amp still in production by Leak as it was a "specialty" product.. still made in the grey colour until 1968. Not many were sold as most did not require the 60 Watts output(at clipping)

Anyway, a nice bit of history.. I would be interested in making a pair if anyone else has a lonely stored away!

20171101_114112[1] by Bregtje Cals, on Flickr

20171101_112115[1] by Bregtje Cals, on Flickr

Very nice, looks untouched component wise so a great rebuild candidate. The Bulgin mains socket looks to be crackec, but they can still be found. Hope you find it a friend, though I suspect that may take a while in that colour scheme!

Nice find and very tidy.
It must be early, it still has the Bulgin 2 pin speaker socket (a la TL12.1) rather than the screw /tag arrangement of the later models...

I think the 50 plus were all made with the 2 pin Bulgin speaker connectors.. even the grey paint later versions seem to have them.

Sometimes people used those 2 pin Bulgin connectors for mains input - that would surprise your output transformer....

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks snowman! Yes spotted that one on the bay.. keeping an eye but if I add shipping it will probably end up a bit too rich for my blood. I am all the way down in South Africa :)

advertisement

Back