advertisement

last Jedi

won't give away any spoilers here...but my prediction is people are going to hate it en masse.

some movies the last jedi will remind you of...Mary poppins, the muppet movie, march of the penguins , oliver twist.
I kid you not, you have to see it to understand. ( remember this is Disney we are dealing with )

I quite liked it but as usual there was little pacing to the story. Too much crammed in.

I went with two of my eewoks and they both thought it was awesome. So there you go.

As an aside, it did try to get just a little bit 'science fiction-ey' for a bit, as it has something to say about society (which I don't remember Star Wars doing before), but that all felt like an afterthought TBH. Still, a welcome effort.

It was missing a properly sarcastic droid though.

Thinking of taking my kids to it. How scary is it e.g. compared with 'The Force Awakens' scenes involving the rathtars and Han''s meeting with Kylo Ren (trying not to spoil TFA for those who haven't seen it)?

Its a bit dark in places, and a few lightsabers go through people... however the previews in the cinema I went to seemed totally inappropriate for children...

Its a bit dark in places, and a few lightsabers go through people... however the previews in the cinema I went to seemed totally inappropriate for children...

Thanks. So I guess I should try to time our arrival to just before the film starts?

We always try that. Trailers are awful even from my POV.

Last Jedi isn' as dark or gruesome as either if the last two IMO.

Saw it last night- it's nowhere near as bad as the awful Portman/mcgegor ones.
That said, I was neither impressed or disappointed.
The story has a familiar feel to it and both Hamill & Fisher add very little.
A couple of nice Cameos from established actors are a welcome distraction, and then there's Ade Edmonson.
Apparently Will from W1A is in there somewhere.

I'm about to book tickets and see that there is a 3D version on offer. Would this be a good thing?

advertisement

Back