advertisement

Ladies Breast Problems

whatsnext

Naimless
If anyone can shared their experience either by their own life or maybe we have medicals amongst us some insight would be appreciated.

I have a lady friend who could do with some reassurance, encouragement. Announces today that her Doc is sending her for a scan. Another friend had to have a mastectomy a while back which went well but I hardly want to dig up bad memories from her.

Perhaps by PM rather than posting... How long was it before the scan after Doc saying sending you for one. Weeks? If it is needing treatment how long then before one is taken in for the surgery.

Thanks from a stressed lady.

Hello ,
I can hopefully provide some experience from a couple of angles -one very personal as my wife was also referred last year . Despite all the reassurance and statistical evidence that it was unlikely to be cancer , my wife and I went through a very worrying time. After a series of tests , x rays , etc , it was just an abnormality and was nothing to worry about. Huge relief all round.

To answer your second point took me a while - and I used to be a statistician in the NHS - but I hope that the link below may be of some help as it measures current NHS performance against cancer targets :

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statisti...ess-Release-September-2017-Provider-based.pdf

I hope that everything works out well for you both.

Regards

Tony

Tony and Gentlemen who PM’d
Many thanks for you contributions. Particularly the retired nurse.
After a few days it is revealed that a coworker has had the same situation and is far more comfort than my heavy handed efforts. At least she has someone nearby.
Still awaiting her appt, I guess Christmas doesn’t help.
Thanks all

advertisement

Back