advertisement

Khan: New Top Plate for the LP12

I'm curious how the suspension bolts fasten to the top plate and how you insure they don't loosen up when adjusting the suspension nuts as you need to turn the locking nut clockwise and counter clockwise to get the suspension setup correctly.

Is the stock motor hardware used for mounting the motor to the Khan?

Thanks,
John

i would imagine there is a threaded land where the bolts attach and either a loctite threadlocking compound or a lock nut secures the bolt.

I'm curious how the suspension bolts fasten to the top plate and how you insure they don't loosen up when adjusting the suspension nuts as you need to turn the locking nut clockwise and counter clockwise to get the suspension setup correctly.

Is the stock motor hardware used for mounting the motor to the Khan?

Thanks,
John

We have quite a new take on the studs and indeed their housing on the underside of the top plate. This system eliminates the issues you raise and allows the sub chassis and suspension to work at a new standard.

The motor fixings are as they were and are complient with Khan.

Regards, Mark

i would imagine there is a threaded land where the bolts attach and either a loctite threadlocking compound or a lock nut secures the bolt.

To add a drop of loctite is no bad thing. There is no need for a nut, it clears up the problem of fouling. Khan not only has superb bounce but an impressive horizontal movement; these things improve performannce in no small measure.

advertisement

Back