advertisement

K.D. Lang - Ingenue

flatpopely

Prog Rock/Moderator
Just put the CD on again after a while.

What a beautiful album of love songs!

'Save me' and 'Outside Myself' are the stand outs but there isn't a duffer among them.

It's got a country feel but not full on. Think early Suzanne Vega with a country twist.

Oh and the recording is superb!

This got a spin + much praise here just yesterday.
It's a gorgeous recording, but istm that's true of all KD's music.

Good songs indeed I just wish her voice wasn't so 'perfect' and had just a smidgen of a rough edge. Her singing actually annoys me.

Also check out case/lang/veirs which is available as download on Bandcamp and her first album, Shadowland, which was produced by Nashville great, Owen Bradley.

Also check out case/lang/veirs which is available as download on Bandcamp and her first album, Shadowland, which was produced by Nashville great, Owen Bradley.

I'll second that. The new Alison Krauss album is a stunner as well. Can't get this track out of my head - so poignant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, agreed. Really good album.

Going off track a bit but have you heard Jerry Douglas' new album, What If? It was the Alison Krauss reference that did it... cracking album.

Oh yes, and Shawn Colvin is re-recording A Few Small Repairs, due out shortly and available on vinyl. Sorry, back to KD...

Yep, agreed. Really good album.

Going off track a bit but have you heard Jerry Douglas' new album, What If? It was the Alison Krauss reference that did it... cracking album.

Oh yes, and Shawn Colvin is re-recording A Few Small Repairs, due out shortly and available on vinyl. Sorry, back to KD...

Not until I get a plug in for the new albums by this lot;

Courtney Marie Andrews
Angeleena Presley
Margo Price
Tift Merrit
and Kasey Chambers.

For a while now I have thought that women are providing most of the new talent in Americana music.

Along with the Hymns & All you can eat, I'd add Drag to the essential list.
The "sing it loud" collaboration with Miss Boom Bang didn't click with me though.

As a 6 year old I played my dad's 7-inch "Constant Craving" single so often I wore it out! I still love that track... The rest of the Ingenue album is great too.

A great album and I actually have it on LP, Cassette and CD. Long time since I played the cassette but from memory it was one of the better pre-recorded ones.

Went to see her on the ingenue tour in Glasgow and both her and her band were sensational - a stand out gig for me.

Regards

purchased ingénue on vinyl great album . with songbird eva Cassidy and Janis ian breaking silence , also talking Timbuktu rye cooder all £3 each and like new . not so
many bargains these days , phil.

advertisement

Back